Censys knows the internet and cloud better than anyone else. Attack Surface Management provides customers with an attacker-centric view of all externally facing internet and cloud to extend visibility, prioritize, and remediate the most critical risk exposures that will actually lead to a breach. Our daily IPv4 scans and the world’s largest SSL/TLS Certificate database enables customers with the most accurate and continuously updated attack surfaces. Enterprise security teams leverage Censys to keep pace with the speed of the business and gain an advantage on the rapidly evolving cyber-attack threats.
We are a rapidly growing cyber security startup based in Ann Arbor, Michigan with a 100% fully remote team. Our innovation is fueled by the team’s global perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We welcome healthy debate, constructive conversations, and outside-the-box thinking to ensure we are moving fast, learning things, and iterating quickly.
The SDR role at Censys provides a unique opportunity - we're looking for talented, ambitious SDRs who can manage high velocity top-of-funnel sales qualification, while also navigating a very strategic sales process.
As an SDR, you will be responsible for fielding inbound meeting requests & converting them to qualified sales opportunities while also generating opportunities through your own outbound efforts. We’re building a team that will require a “winning” attitude, a high sense of urgency, and a passion for sales. As a Sales Development Representative at Censys, you will have the opportunity to help shape processes and build pipelines to support your Account Executive counterparts immediately. We believe in promotion from within and transparency on career paths that allow you to grow in your sales profession.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with with sales, marketing, and leadership teams to create and improve targeted outreach strategies for inbound and outbound prospects
- Research potential customers in our total addressable market and reach out to them personally via email, phone, socials (and any other creative route you find!)
- Learn, leverage and help evolve our opportunity qualification and pipeline creation process.
- Meet and exceed quarterly quota to ensure pipeline objectives, with the support of managers and teammates who are committed to your success.
- Articulate our value proposition, use cases, and product offering to security practitioners
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of activities and notes (Marketo, Salesforce)
- Conduct industry and market research to prioritize accounts for outreach
What you bring:
- You have at least 6 months of related SaaS, sales, or technology experience
- You thrive in dynamic, ambiguous environments where the entire team is committed to one big goal
- You’re a natural persuader - effectively and enthusiastically communicating new ideas to your teammates and prospects
- You’re a natural team player - you works comfortably with others and build strong relationships
- You have a growth and learning mindset - you seek out feedback, want to grow your career and expertise, and want to build a company from the ground up
Skills that Set You Apart:
- Experience in Salesforce, Marketo, Drift, Outreach, Cognism/ZoomInfo
- Previous start-up experience is a plus
Our target total compensation (OTE) range for this role is between $65,000 USD and $80,000 USD + equity.
We are located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Seattle, San Francisco and Washington D.C. and require this position to be located in our Ann Arbor office 3 days per week.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they feel they meet every qualification. At Censys we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace - so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every listed requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be exactly who we need to fill this role or others!
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.