About Wurl, LLC.
At Wurl, our mission is to create innovative technologies and services that help accelerate the shift to streaming. Our market-leading technologies for monetization, advertising, and distribution help publishers, streamers, and advertisers maximize revenue, grow Connected TV viewership, and strengthen brand value. At our core, we are innovators focused on driving the streaming industry forward by connecting the right viewers to the right content.
In 2022, Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), the leading marketing platform, giving our employees the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person startup as well as the stability of a high-growth public tech company. We invest in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been globally recognized for our people and technology, having been named a Great Place to Work by Fortune in 2021 and 2022; an Ad Tech Company of the Year finalist by the UK Business Tech Awards in 2023; Best Publisher Platform by the Digiday Media Awards in 2023; and FAST Innovation of the Year by The VideoTech Innovation Awards in 2022.
Sales Manager - (Location, Remote):
We are hiring a Sales Manager to help us create and move deals through the pipeline and support our overall business development strategy with an emphasis on the emerging Performance Marketing category in CTV. This role will handle inbound leads for potential customers but will primarily work proactively to attract new large-scale customers through networking with existing relationships and building new relationships. Prior experience within the Sports industry (Leagues, Teams, Brands and Sports adjacent media) is preferred. The Sales Manager will work with our sales management team to progress current deals from conversation to conversion. In addition to securing new clients and projects, this role will maintain and nurture relationships with existing accounts.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify, initiate, and forge new relationships/deals in order to grow Wurl’s partner network and influence
- Increasing the visibility of Wurl’s possibilities & capabilities through client meetings and events
- Serve as sales contact for both outbound and inbound opportunities
- Regularly converse with our clients via email, phone, Zoom and in-person meetings
- Evaluate opportunities based on the appropriateness to the Wurl portfolio
- Educate and train clients on best practices and market insights
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and identify and close follow-on opportunities
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the organization, including Content Operations, Engineering and Product, to help establish Wurl’s strategic direction based on client feedback
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes
- Manage pipeline via our CRM (salesforce.com) and regularly update the business development and leadership teams on status via ad hoc methods as well as weekly pipeline calls
- Regularly update sales enablement materials and create custom decks for various pitches
- Drafting and managing Proposals, including leading negotiations to successful deal closure
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition, candidates should also possess the following skills/traits:
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) is required. MBA preferred but not essential
- 7+ years of Sales and/or Marketing experience in Video Marketing Products and services and/or Performance Marketing; successful quota-carrying experience is a huge plus
- 2+ years of experience within the streaming space (OTT/CTV), demonstrating a firm grasp of the industry
- Experience and strong, current relationships within the Sports category is preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple ongoing projects; ability to execute to MBOs/OKRs
- Experience writing and delivering customer proposals (Word and Keynote) and answering RFIs
- Ability to be a team player and communicate, collaborate, and work effectively as part of a fast-paced and highly intelligent team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience presenting in public settings
- Superior task management skills with a passion for proactivity and organization
- Ability to utilize CRM tools (Salesforce a plus) as well as Keynote, Excel, Zoom and other programs which may be helpful
- Possess an ingrained passion for solving customer challenges by uncovering needs, recommending solutions and successfully selling that solution to our customers
- Commitment to offering excellent customer service through immediate follow-up and problem-solving
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan through AppLovin
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 13 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this [CA based or North America based] position is $145,000 - $195,000. Base compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.