Associate Acquisitions Manager/Account Executive
Remote; Dubuque, IA; Beaumont, TX; Richmond, VA; MI
- Remote (30% travel within territory) 8-10 campus visits per semester
- Great River Learning's (GRL) is a technology-focused publishing company that focuses on developing highly engaging and interactive educational products for students; and provide individualized solutions for educators in the higher education market. GRL is seeking an acquisitions manager who will work as an outside sales account executive.
- GRL strives to be more than just a publishing company. We're a group of like-minded people who appreciate the opportunity to help improve higher education by challenging the status quo of traditional textbook publishers. We’re committed to developing publications that are: well designed, media-rich, flexible, and powerful for both students and educators.
- Acquisitions Manager (Account Executive) - The focus of this role is identifying new technology and multi-media-focused publishing opportunities, selectively recruiting authors, and growing the sales of your territory.
- The goal for each new publication is financial viability, educational substance, engagement and relevancy for students, and individualized solutions for educators. Success is primarily measured by new sales, sales increase, and overall territory profit.
- As Associate Acquisitions Manager with Great River Learning (GRL), your job is to interview, listen for business potential, and persuade select candidates to work with your company. You will work with different colleges and universities in your territory to identify business opportunities, interview professors, and persuade author candidates that have what it takes to become GRL authors. We want to partner with talented educators in charge of lower-level, higher-enrollment courses to develop more interactive and engaging materials. Also, if the publication we develop works well locally we have the experience and resources to market it nationally.
IN A TYPICAL WORK WEEK AS AN ASSOCIATE ACQUISTIONS MANAGER, YOU WILL...
- Proactively plan and schedule your week ahead by sending emails and making phone calls to schedule meetings.
- Run meetings to interview, identify business opportunity, and recruit select college professors to become GRL authors.
- When travelling, make the most of time on campus by making additional phone calls of higher priority contacts or department chairs.
- Follow-up with prospective and existing authors. This includes keeping notes and next steps in the CRM for all prospective, in-development, and existing publications so both you and the in-house team have the information they need.
CHARACTERISTICS OF WHO GRL LOOKS FOR IN ASSOCIATE ACQUISTIONS MANAGER
- Someone who has the skills and abilities to become a sale professional
- Competitive, highly organized, and self-driven.
- Someone who sees time as a resource that shouldn't be wasted. You take advantage of time between appointments instead of moseying around or checking social media.
- Someone who possesses enough leadership, motivation, and purpose to hold yourself accountable.
- Positive and have a "can do" attitude towards life.
- This role is perfect for recent college graduates who have an interest in sales!
- This is role is also great for anyone who may have a few years of experience under their belt too.
WHO WE ARE:
- Great River Learning (GRL) is an established, higher education company that focuses on developing engaging publications by integrating videos, animations, and interactive exercises. We see enormous business opportunity because we know most students don't read traditional 900-page textbooks...unless they're cramming for a test. We develop next-generation textbooks that are well designed, interactive, and media-rich. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Learn more by visiting us at www.greatriverlearning.com.
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for over 75 years.
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and support staff started as a sales or service agent.
- Benefits. Low premiums on our health insurance, with company paid disability and life insurance. 401(k) matching, as well.
- Paid Time Off. You receive 3 weeks of PTO at hire.
- Salary PLUS Commission.
- If what we described matches your background and skills, we'd love to talk to you. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, LTD, 401k and profit sharing, and PTO. All applicants must have valid driver's license and bachelor’s degree. Send your resume and cover letter along with what your salary requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer