Business Development Representative
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
We are growing fast as a leader delivering Commerce and MDM professional and managed services for brand name merchants and retailers globally. We are currently looking for a passionate and ambitious Inside Sales professional to join our team.
Are you a talented, disciplined salesperson who lives for the challenge of cultivating new client relationships through online research, email and telephone-based prospecting? Do you excel at learning new products and services and clearly presenting their benefits and unique value proposition to prospects? Do you have a knack for turning cold leads into qualified leads for senior outside sales executives?
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity with a company that has a solid foundation and an entrepreneurial culture, where teamwork and collaboration are part of the DNA, then this might be the right role for you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities through online research, social media, networking, and other creative ways
- Use consultative sales skills to truly understand customer needs, pain points and offer solutions during prospecting interactions
- Target specific companies by performing deep market research, company research and outreach
- Perform cold outreach via emails, telephone and social media.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) in our products, processes, and operations, as well as remaining up to date on industry news
- Ideate and execute on key messaging tactics used for prospecting, and adjust as needed to maximize responses from prospects
- Present weekly to the leadership team to cover progress updates and key learnings
- Follow up on various lists provided from marketing campaigns and events with the goal of generating interest and converting into leads
- Successfully manage a lead pipeline from capture to qualification, and effectively report on lead status to leadership
- Effectively collaborate with marketing and sales teams to continually improve lead management process and lead quality
- Effectively contribute to drive attendance to events and tradeshows to build brand awareness
- Promote Pivotree’s products, grow brand recognition and mindshare at all levels, and communicate success stories.
- Meet or exceed assigned targets of meetings held and qualified opportunities
- Accountable for accurate forecasting, regular quarterly revenue delivery, and the implementation of agreed account and business plans.
- Work with the operations team to ensure visibility into leads
- Build collaborative work relationships within Pivotree and Partners
- Collaborative, team player, need minimal supervision, take initiatives, know how to prioritize and multitask, detail oriented
- Ability to follow directions, follow through, and maintain a high level of accountability
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying, nurturing, and qualifying sales opportunities
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required, IT or Business major an asset
- 3-5 of years of B2B business development (prospecting, cold calling, cold emailing) experience preferred
- Expertise in e-Commerce, Supply Chain, and Master Data Management, specifically delivering solutions to retailers, manufacturers or distributors in industry offerings such as enterprise software, system integration or managed services
- Comfortable selling handling complex sales involving multiple influencers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Experience in Salesforce and sales tools such as LinkedIn Navigator, TechTarget, SalesLoft and Hubspot is an asset
- Hunter mentality that builds win win relationships
- Proven ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Experience in a matrix organization dealing with multiple service lines, managers/approvers, and knowledge of shared services operating models
- Experience in commercial principles for software, services and managed services deals
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills (virtual and in-person)
- Business acumen, customer focus, innovative thinking
- Is metrics-oriented, organized and has a need to win
- Is an effective team player and drives collaboration
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.