Connection, a Fortune 1000 Global Technology Solutions Provider is adding to our family of passionate Federal sales individuals. We work together to connect people with technology that enhances growth, elevates productivity, and empowers innovation.
The Inside Account Manager is a great opportunity to explore a career in technology sales. Working under the general supervision of the Manager Federal Sales, the Inside Account Manager (IAM) is assigned to one or more Account Managers to assist them in the day-to-day fulfillment of sales orders and resolving customer issues on assigned accounts. The IAM also makes outbound prospecting calls to help engage new customers/business for both their individually assigned accounts and for the accounts belonging to their assigned Account Manager(s). The IAM is trained on our internal systems, the solutions we sell and on how to prospect and sell.Responsibilities
- Supports the Account Manager in servicing their customers, helping to ensure account retention and growth
- Makes proactive calls to prospective and/or existing customers within assigned accounts to uncover new business
- Proactively follows up to resolve complex order challenges, order processing and customer service issues for resolution. Serves customers at the highest level in order to assist in closing any potential sales
- Prepares quotes, researches tech questions, coordinates large bids
- Keeps informed and updated on technology solution trends in the marketplace. This includes vendor certifications (VMWare, Cisco, etc.) and/or Connection branded training
The ideal candidate wants to explore a career in sales and is driven to excel quickly, brings a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to rapidly learn new systems, offers data entry accuracy, strong attention to detail and the ability to handle shifting priorities effectively. The IAM must possess strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with internal/ external customers and business partners, and hold a solid understanding of inside sales strategies. Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, work as part of a team, and possess excellent written communication skills with ability to compose professional business communications via email and proposals.
This position works in person
at our Rockville, MD officeRequirements
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Technology preferred
- Prior sales experience strongly preferred
- Strong ability to build relationships and foster account growth
- Must be able to work independently to develop sales opportunities