Job Title: Sales Engineer
Location: Any Market
This exciting customer-facing solution engineering role will work in partnership with our Sales, Service Delivery, Customer Relationship Departments, leading innovative conversations that help shape the growth of our Enterprise and Carrier customers. This position will also play a key role in the growth and expansion of product offerings and services at Everstream. The Solutions Engineer is to leverage their technical and sales skills, including business acumen, to understand business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, and effectively present solutions that address our customers’ requirements and provide business value. This includes designing and implementing complex data network solutions for Carrier and Enterprise customers.
- Participate in sales appointments, assisting in the preparation of Requests for Proposals, providing guidance and counsel throughout the sales process
- Ongoing consultation with sales and engineering teams after sales are closed will be critical to ensuring ongoing satisfaction with Everstream and its product. Participate in the creation and delivery of high-level face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate technical knowledge of the latest Everstream products and services.
- Drive sales by providing technical sales support.
- Provide coaching to the Sales Team in the sale of Everstream products and services to Carrier & Enterprise customers as well as government, education and medical institution customers.
- Through coaching and technical sales, drive sale closure to shorten sales cycle and ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved.
- As part of sales process, play key role in, designing cost-effective solutions within the Everstream design standard and capabilities.
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how Everstream products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Provide customers with solutions that meet their business applications, and ensure protected circuit design, in support of disaster recovery plans, appropriate bandwidth for future growth, etc.
- Translate complex technical requirements into information that customers can understand and respond to.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position Everstream in the marketplace.
- Respond to requests for bids and proposals by providing fully-documented technical solutions, with diagrams, that clearly outline all technical components of the solution.
Planning and Logistics
- Ensure completion of all appropriate paperwork, processes and systems in support of customer network design
- Set appropriate expectations for timeline and project completion.
- Attend customer meetings and travel as needed.
- Minimum five years’ experience in technical sales engineering / support role(s) within the telecommunications industry (ideally ISP, CLEC, ILEC)
- Experience developing and/or delivering technical training programs.
- Detailed technical skills with LAN and WAN technologies required.
- Ability to create technical designs and diagrams of customer solutions.
- Strong technical presentation skills (development and delivery).
- Proficiency in MS office suite with emphasis in Powerpoint and Visio.
- Network design
- MAN technologies and designs (including DWDM, and Ethernet)
- Internet technologies, functionality, and services
- Business continuity / disaster recovery concepts
- Networking protocols (emphasis on Layers 1, 2, and 3)
- Familiarity with CPE (voice and data)
- Knowledge of a variety of transport and Ethernet equipment vendors and models
- High-level understanding of Fiber Optic network design and implementation
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons in simple, understandable terms.
- Strong teamwork skills.
Everstream Solutions LLC offers competitive compensation as well as a generous employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance policies. Employees are also provided with ample paid time off for both personal and sick time. After 90 days of employment, full time employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer match contribution.
Everstream is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Everstream does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, disability, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), military and veteran status, citizenship status, marital status, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Everstream believes that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We participate in a pre-employment background check and drug screening process for all positions. We also participate in E-Verify, a web-based system where Everstream inputs Form I-9 information; this information is verified against records available with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration to confirm employment eligibility. Those who seek accommodation due to disability can email us at email@example.com.