At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!
Brightspeed has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Regional Sales, to join our team! As a manager, regional sales, you will be responsible to lead a team of business development account and territory sales representatives in multiple states to grow MDU and SFH community contracts and Brightspeed high speed internet penetration units and revenue in specified regions and the accompanying states. This position will be responsible for managing the end-to-end business development, contract acquisition, and community penetration efforts throughout the lifecycle of the contract. This manager will be focused on generating sales in an assigned geographic territory, building, and maintaining a network of colleagues, partners, and customers to share information, obtain prospects and establish sales and marketing programs that increase adoption of Brightspeed fiber.
The manager in this role must have strong interpersonal, relationship management, and the ability to influence efficient functional and delivery of community implementations on time and within established budgets. Demonstrated abilities to drive effective cross-functional delivery of desired results to meet developer and builder expectations through virtual people management and engagement activities is a critical skill as well as strategic planning, problem solving, cross-selling and organizational development and management is desired in this role.
This manager in this role possesses skills to ensure optimum sales, contract acquisitions, and property penetration in their specified regions. Their primary role is to manage the staff of account and property penetration managers to drive adoption of Brightspeed fiber in multi-dwelling, multi-tenant businesses and communities in the Brightspeed fiber build plan. Developing and managing success-based capital submissions and approvals, demonstrating financial analysis and funnel management are critical skills for this position.
The manager is responsible for employee performance inclusive of onboarding, training, sales and penetration goals for the region, states and communities in defined territories.
The Manager, Regional Sales responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quota.
- Build new revenue by selling Brightspeed products and services to the multi-tenant enterprise segments, including establishing relationships with national and regional property development organizations.
- Design and implement sales strategies, targeting techniques, property outreach partnerships and programs to drive property penetration and customer success that aligns with the negotiated marketing agreements terms and technology deployments.
- Produce measurable results in financial, operational, and strategic product areas.
- Responsible for setting and achieving expense targets and approving contracts that achieve the organization’s financial goals.
- Provide leadership and direction to Community Transformations account and territory sales representatives including training, marketing, community activity, compensation, and product deployment.
- Hire, provide ongoing coaching, design annual sales and penetration plans, and hold managers accountable for achieving objectives, including alignment of the end-to-end management and execution of contracts and community penetration goals and meeting First Occupancy Dates.
- Develop strategic partnerships across network, legal, product, field, planning, marketing, and finance organizations.
- Skilled at providing end to end customer sales and service, in-depth product knowledge and support for the sales channel to include presentations, contracts and negotiations, sales materials, and implementation coordination.
- Responsible for day-to-day sales activity management, funnel activity, territory management, and customer focused sales efforts for a team of MDU account managers.
- Participate in community and industry-related events to further develop the opportunities to procure new business.
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and/or relevant experience
- 5+ years sales management experience
- Account management experience
- Proven track record of successful professional sales experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge and experience with contracts and contract negotiations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include product demonstrations and executive selling skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (MVR)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to meet the demands of the job and support a regional sales team.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree.
- Real estate sales and marketing experience.
- Success-based capital analysis and business development experience.
- Technical experience required in premise network design, property survey, and product/solution presentation to customer staff and management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We have a brand new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We Offer Competitive Compensation And Comprehensive Benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all applicants, please take a moment to review our Privacy Notices:
- Brightspeed’s Privacy Notice for California Residents
- Brightspeed’s Privacy Notice