Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 180 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. A generous base salary, structured tenure pay increases and an uncapped commissions plan offers you an unlimited earnings potential. A full benefits package takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
- Hunting to Identify new business opportunities within National Sales Territory focused on the Mid Market and non-named National Account target market segments ( up to 500 – 999 employees)
- Through direct calling, email and other contact efforts you will identify, qualify, and generate these new business opportunities by working directly with Key Decision Makers
- Compliment prospecting and selling efforts through field work such as building walks, lobby events, property management relationships, and customer face to face meetings
- Leverage consultative and relationship building selling techniques you will identify current and future connectivity solutions
- Help Cogent customers and prospects by positioning our services for new business
- Achieve monthly revenue goals by selling into the nation's largest commercial and retail buildings; office parks and professional campuses
- 2-5 years of solid, sales experience, preferably B2B and in the technology field
- Previous sales experience ( recent experience strongly preferred) with a track record of success is required
- You must be able to demonstrate your ability to identify, qualify and generate new business through extensive prospecting and research
- Strong oral and written communication is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office and a CRM are a plus
- A college degree is preferred but not required
- If this sounds like you apply today!
- To best support your success, this is an in-office position five days a week, allowing for focused mentorship, training and personal coaching.
- Cogent has adopted a mandatory vaccination and booster policy which requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated ( including booster shots when eligible) against COVID-19. Prior to beginning employment, new employees must provide proof of vaccination or apply for and receive an accommodation to be exempt from the policy.
By submitting an application or resume for this position, I understand that is an in-office position and agree to abide Cogent’s mandatory vaccination policy.
“Cogent’s competitive advantage lies in our people...their spirit, their energy and their commitment.”
- Dave Schaeffer, Founder & CEO
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.