Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.Your Impact
Handshake is hiring a Senior Education Sales Account Executive reporting to the Director of Education Partnerships, on the UK Education Sales team.
As the senior member of the Education Sales team in the United Kingdom you’ll work closely with the largest and most sophisticated educational partners in the region as they evaluate Handshake. Partnering closely with the Global Head of Higher Education Sales, you will build and execute on the ambitious strategy that enables our continued sales growth. Handshake’s unique position as the best place for early talent to start and grow their career is built on the success of our Education Partnerships team.
Our goal is to build a network that reshapes the way that every student in the UK can get connected to a meaningful career, and to do that our small team aims to build partnerships with education providers across the UK and Ireland, so that all students can access one network on a level playing field. Your impact will be fundamental in building this new infrastructure for early talent. If you’re motivated by the support you can provide to millions of students, and the lasting impact you can have on our business as we grow, we invite you to help shape the future of how Handshake succeeds in the UK.Your Role
- As the senior member of our Education Partnerships team, you will lead our work gaining more market share among the largest and most sophisticated universities across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Build and maintain close relationships with university leaders across the country, and be a true expert on the field of career services and early talent recruitment
- Build regional partnerships across to help scale the Handshake network quickly, engaging with leaders in higher education, workforce development, recruiting
- You will lead our continued expansion building partnerships with bootcamps and non-traditional education partners, defining and implementing this strategy for the region.
- You will work cross functionally with our Strategic Initiatives team to explore the future of Handshake as a skills and credentialing marketplace, building strategic partnerships and laying the groundwork for future product innovation.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the EDU sales and marketing team to build our brand as a thought leader, innovator, and genuine partner with educational institutions.
- Lead creation of new playbooks and structures for the sales team to prioritise, expand, and manage all new education partner acquisition
Bonus Areas Of Expertise
- At least 5+ years of senior sales experience in Enterprise SaaS or selling into higher education
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Experience with an evangelical sale, selling to leaders in higher education
- Proven success record of closing large enterprise clients within a SaaS environment or selling into higher education following a consultative selling approach
- Experience working on highly collaborative teams and capacity to travel 25% of time once travel resumes
- Experience managing complex procurement and buying processes, structuring large scale partnerships deals, and navigating bureaucracies to achieve your goals
- Proficiency with Salesforce / Excel and defining, tracking, and managing sales pipeline and success OKRs
- Strong leadership ability, communication and interpersonal skills that inspire action within and across teams
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, emotional intelligence, problem solving, delegation, planning & organisation and judgement
- Ability to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Champions working with a diverse team and maintaining constant communication with multiple internal constituencies
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Experience selling to career services teams or working in early talent recruiting is not necessary, but highly desirable
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!What We Offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Spain, and Romania
: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.