Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset.
Our SDRs are a fundamental core of the Covariant heartbeat! Their vital impact helps ensure our product success translates into market success, as they continue to help us find incredible customers in the warehouse and logistics space looking to push into the next innovation plateau. In this role, you will partner with our marketing and sales teams to strategize and execute your outreach efforts to our target customers. You will collaborate closely, cross-functionally, to understand our customers' needs, pain points, and ways we can be of service to them. Ultimately, you will be at the frontlines of communicating our shared goal of delivering real value to our customers through innovative warehouse operations.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Relationship Cultivation and Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Research of specific target market and the strategy of focus accounts and how it relates to AI robotics
- Strategic Outreach Campaign Buildout
- Develop and execute micro campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with sales and marketing to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
- Generate new business opportunities to fill the pipeline in an assigned vertical or territory and partner with assigned Enterprise Account Executives
- Schedule Initial Prospecting Meetings for your assigned Account Executives
- Research and evaluate additional prospects
- Assist with uncovering a prospect's business challenges and identifying relevant new business opportunities
- Maintain all contacts and opportunities and record all progress in CRM (Hubspot)
- Meet or exceed assigned outbound prospecting quotas on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Help as needed to build awareness on special projects/events
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives at targeted Enterprise client accounts
- Evangelize the vision of AI Robotics, articulating cutting-edge concepts to a range of audiences
- Travel to tradeshows as needed
- Track record of high performance; exceeding vital metrics and activity targets
- Passion for AI and Robotics Proven ability to cultivate important relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to obtain the necessary information from the prospect, while also ensuring a mutually beneficial conversation
- Experience with Sales platforms
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday - Build prospecting list in collaboration with Account Executives and members of the executive team. 1v1s with other members of the SDR team, align on current strategy and discuss anything top of mind. Conduct research on accounts, continuously learning about their processes, reading company news, and creatively strategizing on messaging you will send them.
- Tuesday - Meet with the sales team to discuss the current pipeline, strategy, and any blockers. 1v1 with a Covariant employee that heralds from a different field (AI research, software engineering, hardware, etc.) Send out emails, and LinkedIn messages and make calls to top prospects.
- Wednesday - Meet with the SDR team and your manager to discuss the most successful tactics, wins from the previous week, upcoming campaigns, and any challenges faced. Join a meeting with a Covariant co-founder or executive team member to get to know them and learn more about product strategy, Go-to-market priorities, tech stack, and more! Virtual meeting with a prospective customer, joined by the head of sales and engineering.
- Thursday - Join company all-hands to hear from company executives on exciting updates from a variety of different teams. Meet with the product team to share customer feedback, highlighting interesting questions asked or topics discussed. Head out to a prospective customer warehouse from a meeting that you’ve booked. Learn more about their processes and automation goals, and how Covariant can provide value
- Friday - Return from customer visit to wrap up the week. Lunch (virtual or in-office) with Covariant team members. Take some time to reflect on the week and prepare for another fantastic week at Covariant!
Company Core Values
STRIVING FOR EMPATHY
TAKING ON THE IMPOSSIBLE, TOGETHER
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Flexible work hours
401(k) plan and match (applies only to United States employees)
Lunch and dinner each day (for on-site employees)
Monthly Health & Wellness budget
Quarterly Learning budget
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.