Full-time • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the US (except CO, AL, or LA)
About the Role
FreeWill is seeking an Account Executive to be the leading force that fuels our mission to provide the FreeWill platform to nonprofits to raise $1T.
The Account Executive position is responsible for revenue generation through strategic relationships with nonprofits. You will identify net-new opportunities within an assigned territory of accounts. We are a customer-centric sales team where your daily responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting for and booking new meetings
- Conducting discovery with new prospects
- Communicating via phone, email, and teleconference
- Demonstrating thought leadership and platform solutions to advance sales
- Negotiating contract terms and customer pricing during the sales process
- Preparing proposals, presentations, and contracts resulting in closed-won deals
- Developing strategic plans to drive sales within your territory
We are looking for proven experience with prospecting that results in 2-3 new meetings per week and experience managing a $1M pipeline and closing $150K ARR quarterly while navigating a buying process where boardroom decisions are the norm. Candidates should be able to demonstrate actual performance against past quotas. We expect the responsibilities to sometimes shift, and aim to hire an individual who is comfortable moving quickly in a fast-paced and/or start-up environment. The right candidate will be an energetic person with passion and innate drive to excel at any task.
FreeWill has set compensation and a non-negotiation policy for fairness reasons (we don't think that an individual's pay should be determined by how comfortable they are negotiating). As a result, we like to be transparent and up front about the compensation. The base salary for this role (depending on experience and level) will be $90,000. This role also qualifies for commission with an OTE of $180K.
- Build and execute on a strategic territory plan including buyer mapping.
- Maintain 4 distinct sales motions based on the type of prospect organization
- Execute a sales process through discovery, solution, pricing, negotiation, and close
- Participate in brainstorming, team meetings and client meetings, researching and assisting with program development for new prospects
- Collaborate with your Sales Development Representative to prospect for new business
- Illustrate the value of products and services to create growth opportunities; compile and analyze data to identify trends
- Manage complex contract negotiations with large buying committees and work with legal counsel as required
- Become an expert in the FreeWill platform and the broader nonprofit fundraising landscape
- Stay current with changes and developments in the nonprofit industry. This includes gathering competitive information on products and services, and sharing this information with the product development, marketing, customer service, and executive teams
- Meet quarterly sales objectives and daily/weekly/monthly KPIs
- Act with FreeWill’s values of focus, joy, kindness, and courage
- 5+ years of successful Sales experience in a B2B or B2C-Suite
- Experience with multiple-member buying committees
- Ability to make a strategic decision and run with it
- Ability to understand data and make data-driven decisions
- Smart, tenacious, and kind, with a growth mindset
- Strong preference for sales experience in a SaaS or technology company with multiple products
- Experience selling to nonprofits is a plus
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. For this role, we can consider visa transfers for candidates who are currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a valid visa. We are also able to hire in Canada.
Don’t check off every box in the requirements listed above? Please apply anyway! Studies have shown that marginalized communities - such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color - are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. FreeWill is dedicated to building an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible workplace that fosters a sense of belonging – so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still consider submitting an application. You may be just the right candidate for this role or another one of our openings!