Director of Business Development
At Modernize a Director of Sales and Business Development will play a critical role in helping to grow revenue by helping Modernize clients connect to the right resources within our organization.
The Director of Business Development will help drive revenue growth through identification and engagement of current and prospective clients, with an end goal of growing top line revenue associated with both digital solutions and talent solutions. This position demands an exceptional balance of drive and commitment, coupled with exemplary interpersonal skills, topped off with a win-win-win mindset.
Responsibilities of the Director of Business Development (inside/outside sales):
- Develop new, and engage with current clients to obtain qualified job search requirements and educate prospects and clients on Modernize service offerings and processes.
- Develop prospective clients through referrals, networking, social media, internet research, sales leads and direct contact.
- Schedule and conduct client meetings to introduce new clients to the value of Modernize with an end goal of engaging them to utilize our professional services, and staffing services.
- Prepare and present professional services proposals.
- Utilize strategic prospecting practices, industry/market analysis, internal communication, external promotions, and constant in-depth client analysis to uncover revenue opportunities.
- Establish opportunities to present our value-proposition to strategic Senior Executive and Management level contacts.
- Maximize existing relationships by engaging clients in assigned accounts as their primary POC @ Modernize.
- Update and maintain CRM with sales activity, and customer information in accordance to Modernize standards.
- Identify potential opportunities with companies through research, referrals, networking, and cold calling.
- Initiate relationships with prospective and current clients by researching organizations and connecting with key stakeholders.
- Present information related to app modernization, software development and staffing services.
- Utilize business development strategies to capitalize on new opportunities and drive growth.
- Plan and prioritize activities based on criticality.
- Travel as required, up to 50%, mostly local
- Must have reliable transportation which affords timely travel to client sites within assigned territory
- 5+ years’ experience in a staffing or professional sales environment specifically in technology
- Must have proven experience with B2B cold calls, securing accounts, and account management.
- A strong work ethic and sense of commitment
- History of exceeding personal and individual goals while working in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including CRM knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Closing skills and the ability to build lasting relationships built on honesty and integrity.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer service skills
- Modernize is a merit based organization with an uncapped comp plan, allowing sales and business development staff to earn an incredibly nice number with no cap.