We allow everyday people to invest in the startups they love!
Wefunder is the largest funding platform connecting founders with their community. Over the past few years, we've helped fund over 1000 pre-IPO startups with $500M+, from early-stage moonshots to unicorns.
Wefunder's Story 💡 https://wefunder.com/wefunder
Our Public Benefit Corp Mission 🎙 https://wefunder.com/charter
Note: Wefunder is a hybrid workplace. This position is based in San Francisco.
We’re a team of founder types. Your potential matters more than your background or experience; we’re the company where you can take your shot. Everyone is here to learn and grow, to work on a meaningful product, and to fix capitalism. We’ve spent years lobbying congress to fix the law, and in turn, created this industry.
- 💰 Salary Range: $75,000 - 85,000 / year
- 🚀 Generous stock options package.
- 🏝 Unlimited vacation days with no less than 3 weeks off.
- 🚞 All-expense-paid Wefunder vacation once a year.
- 😷 Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 💻 Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- 🧇 Lots of free food and drinks. That includes daily lunch and weekly team dinners.
- 📚 Classes & conferences. If you can learn something useful, we'll pay for it.
- 🤑 Help founders have wildly successful Community Rounds on Wefunder. This role is about 50% working directly with founders and 50% operations/compliance.
- 🪖 Be on the frontlines. Email, call, Zoom with founders, help their investors, and solve problems internally with the rest of the team. You’re at the center of it all.
- ✅ Make campaigns official with the SEC. Assemble fundraising offering documents to be filed with the government. Juggle feedback from Wefunder’s legal team and the founder’s legal team.
- 📈 Help founders raise money. Build awesome campaign pages, craft stellar outreach plans, give feedback on their pitch.
- 🚰 Manage a robust pipeline of companies. Know them like the back of your hand.
- ⚔️ Be the internal champion for founders raising on Wefunder. Advocate for them, empathize with them, set clear expectations for them. Strive to get your founders to be evangelists for Wefunder.
Skills & Experience:
- You ruthlessly prioritize. You will be the primary point person for founders as they go through the crazy process of fundraising on top of having dozens of competing priorities. You know how to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can code-switch between building rapport with CEOs, alleviating concerns from skeptical CFOs, discussing valuations with investors, and fielding questions from diligent attorneys.
- You believe #ABC (Always Be Closing). You know how to look for selling opportunities throughout the funnel.
- You thrive in ambiguity. You’re comfortable learning quickly and asking a lot of questions. You prefer being thrown in the deep end. You aspire to learn every small detail about the fundraising process.
- You have incredible attention to detail. You can catch errors in investment contracts and make sure that balls do not get dropped when dealing with dozens of founders.
- You’re extremely accountable and reliable. If you say you’ll do something, you’ll get it done.
*If you feel like you don't meet all of the points above, but love this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We don't want a confidence gap and imposter syndrome to get in the way of meeting incredible candidates.*🦄
To apply, email Jake (jake[at]wefunder.com) with your CV or LinkedIn and why you’d like to work with us.