The Customer Success Manager will be a part of a team leading Customer Success initiatives, keeping the company focused on customer outcomes, and playing a central role in directing the future of the product. The Customer Success Manager will understand customer goals and value drivers through ongoing collection and analysis of data and feedback, connecting this into onboarding and retention strategies and input into the product road map. Ultimately this role is responsible for managing the relationships, strategy, and satisfaction of the assigned book of business.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years Customer Success or Account Management experience in an e-Commerce or software company, preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and set customer expectations appropriately
- Proven track record of working in a customer-facing role
- Interacts with Customers following a consultative approach.
- Experience understanding high-level business requirements and building solid relationships.
- Experience working with, and managing, multiple stakeholders and customers
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Innate drive to succeed with a corresponding track record.
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and with a “can-do” proactive and strategic mindset
Customer Account Management
- Serve as the primary strategic liaison and day-to-day contact for a book of customer
- Serve as trusted resource throughout customer lifecycle by identifying expansion opportunities, ensuring renewals and advocating for customers
- Oversee the onboarding of new accounts to ensure successful launch and adoption
- Proactively leads both customer and internal teams to collaborate across functions
- Coordinate customer meetings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Align with customer on strategic initiatives, conducts Strategic Business Reviews, and other key meetings
- Manage escalations by collaborating with development, product management, and support teams
- Understand customer outcomes by communicating with customers, analyze customer performance metrics, communicate industry trends and impact on business success
- Represent the voice of the customer to provide input into core product, marketing and sales processes
- Learn and understand client goals, workflows, and product usage habits to track toward identified milestones.
- Continually reinforce value and deliver successful outcomes throughout the entire customer journey
- Own and manage the health of the customer using established metrics and KPIs
Technical Acumen and Product Knowledge
- Possesses a working knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem, the role of OMS in that ecosystem, and best practices for system interactions.
- Expert knowledge of customer portal and ticketing system, and works to maintain client facing systems
- Act as a trusted advisor, thought leader, and subject matter expert to customers providing insights to customers to ensure that they get the most value from the platform with the aim of helping grow our customer base
- Educate clients on best-practices related to eCommerce and usage of the Deck Commerce platform
- Identify opportunities for product usage improvement
- Identify customer growth opportunities by monitoring platform innovation, benchmarks and ecommerce industry changes and trends
- Strive to create and maintain a strong customer relationship built on communication, transparency and trust.
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Lead product implementation training sessions
- Design, host and facilitate regular webinars and training sessions to ensure product adoption improvements (in collaboration with Product and Marketing teams)
- Serve as the primary contact for training of platform end users, as necessary
- Work to develop Training Program improvements
* All employees are expected to perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably related to the scope of the duties listed above. Deck Commerce reserves the right to supplement this list, particularly if the scope of duties in this position changes.