The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for building and maintaining strong, high level (i.e. key decision makers, influencers and senior management) trusted advisor relationships within assigned accounts ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and recognition of ROI tied to customer business initiatives, leading to strong renewals and solution growth opportunities. We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual; able to help a portfolio of customers reach their business transformation by leveraging our solutions. This person will achieve this by creating trusted relationships, providing technology, governance and adoption insights and industry thought leadership. Customer Success Managers must align our success with customer business initiatives by possessing an unrivaled sense of autonomy, ownership, and dedication to helping each customer understand their level of maturity through a value framework process.
- Own the customer experience, journey (adoption and value capture) and renewal results for your assigned accounts.
- Focus on customer intimacy.
- Deliver business impact and innovation to a customer's business by truly understanding our customers' key business issues and opportunities.
- Build and nurture key decision makers, influencers and senior management relationships across top accounts to solidify our partnership and commitment to the customer while penetrating the account deeper.
- Understands the customers’ business environment, challenges and opportunities, and syncs with AspenTech’s initiatives with the customers’ initiatives, ultimately, aligning AspenTech’s success to the customers’ business initiatives.
- Act as a trusted advisor throughout the entire lifecycle of a customer account following the initial sale through successful adoption and ultimately renewal with growth.
- Ensure our solutions are understood that results in an increase in customer adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Proactive customer contact and on-site visits to perform Executive Business Reviews, user group meetings, Road Maps, etc., to improve relationship and plan strategically with customers to help them meet their sales productivity objectives through the use of our products and services.
- Collaborates with internal implementation consultants, sales account managers, and renewal representatives to develop and execute account plans, and initiate renewal and expansion opportunities to generate new revenue. Work as part of the team to develop strategies for scale and growth.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead cross-functional teams and resources; manage both with and without organization authority.
- Deliver product insight and strategy advice for sales enablement, communication, and training initiatives.
- Uncover and mitigate any risk that threatens your customers’ growth, satisfaction, or renewal; conceive and execute risk mitigation plans by utilizing all available AspenTech resources.
- Responsible for nurturing assigned account base into long term strategic partnerships while increasing customer usage and adoption of solutions.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process/Chemical Engineering is preferred, but not required.
- 3-8 years of professional experience working in the process industry.
- 3+ years of experience in Pre-Sales / Customer Relationship Management / Customer Success Management.
- 3-5 years of experience in using AspenTech’s Engineering, Manufacturing or Asset Performance Mgmt. solutions or similar software suites used in Process Industries is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A verifiable track record of consistently meeting and exceeding revenue goals or business objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively facilitate, lead cross-functional teams and project manage.
- Experience with managing multi-million-dollar portfolios.
- Skilled at building relationships with key decision makers, influencers, and senior management within an account.
- Strong self-motivation, agility, and business acumen.
- Fluent English Speaker; Spanish as a second language preferred
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. AspenTech does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related conditions, marital status, familial status, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military service or protected Veteran Status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.