The Director, Customer Success Platform & Tools plays a crucial role in driving value for Teradata’s customers through the delivery of scalable and efficient tools / processes to support the Global Customer Success organization.
The Director, Customer Success Platform & Tools reports to the Vice President, Global Customer Services Center of Excellence and has global responsibility.
This role requires extensive knowledge, experience and skills with not only the Customer Success function and operations, but also in areas such as system / application architecture, data modelling, data integration, software development, dashboards / reporting and project management.
You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and business teams to develop global standardized customer success processes and craft these into associated business requirements. The business requirements will then be translated into technical designs for implementation into the Customer Success Platform and integrated systems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Teradata’s Transcend enterprise data warehouse.
Once the Customer Success platform is deployed you will be responsible for the initial user onboarding and ongoing enablement of the Customer Success team to provide training, best practices and support to ensure a high level of adoption and value realization of the platform. Beyond the Customer Success Platform, you will also act as a subject matter expert for additional processes and tools that are used by the Customer Success organization – this includes but is not limited to, processes and tools related to ServiceNow, Salesforce, Business Objects, Qualtrics and Transcend. To ensure that that the Customer Success team has access to business intelligence and reporting, this role will work closely with the Data Analytics and Reporting team to identify and consolidate Customer Success dashboards and reports using PowerBI and/or the Customer Success platform. You are a good communicator, with an ability to see both the widescreen and the close-up of how technology provides solutions and opportunities for our Customer Success team and be comfortable and confident that you can deliver the best possible solutions for the team.What You Will Be Doing...
What Skills Are Needed For Ideal Candidates
- Play a key role in the selection and implementation of Teradata’s Customer Success Platform
- Have overall business responsibility for the architecture, design, configuration, deployment, and administration of the Customer Success platform
- Provide thought leadership and input on Customer Success processes and best practises to drive adoption, consumption and expansion of Teradata’s Products and Services
- Conduct virtual and face-to-face workshops to define MVP 1.0 release requirements
- Create an inventory of processes and tools that are used by the Customer Success organization and identify ways to incorporate them into the Customer Success platform
- Identify opportunities to introduce automation to drive efficiencies, consistency, and scalability in the Customer Success engagement process
- Leverage predictive analytics and reporting to drive modelling and presentation of expansion opportunities to the Customer Success team
- Partner with IT and Platform Vendor to
- Define and sign-off MVP 1.0 release requirements / deliverables
- Manage the deployment of the platform
- Identify points of integration and source data requirements
- Create Sandbox and Production environments
- Define and complete Acceptance Testing
- Plan for minor / major upgrades and change management
- Work closely with the Data Analytics and Reporting team to
- Define KPIs, key metrics and measures of success
- Identify and consolidate Customer Success dashboards / reports
- Implement an Account Health score and reporting solution within the Customer Success platform that will identify and help reduce churn
- Define and create reporting to support Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Keep up-to-date and be an active member of the chosen platform’s User Community, including sharing best practices and attending continuous learning, both virtually and by attending industry conferences and seminars
- MANDATORY Experience with the implementation and administration of a Customer Success platform, CRM, or customer support system. Ownership of platform and leading implementation preferred.
- Have at least 7+ years hands-on experience in customer success and an expert-level understanding of key customer success principles
- Strong project management, business analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Self-starter, demonstrating leadership of owned projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinking and prioritization
- Problem solver with a systems mindset
- Customer-facing experience, especially as a Customer Success Manager and/or Leader
- Experience interacting with senior leadership and managers
- Experience in operations for customer success, sales, support, services, or marketing
- Experience in data analysis, business intelligence, and design of reports and dashboards
- Understanding of data structures, data modelling, database management and related tools such as SQL, PHP and Python
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities, and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Grade and salary are commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. And you can work from a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon your preference.
The role allows for working virtually and some flexibility of working hours in line with the immediate needs of your stakeholders and cross functional teams. There is some international travel involved.Our Company
Teradata is the connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics company. Our enterprise analytics solve business challenges from start to scale. Only Teradata gives you the flexibility to handle the massive and mixed data workloads of the future, today.
The Teradata Vantage architecture is cloud native, delivered as-a-service, and built on an open ecosystem. These design features make Vantage the ideal platform to optimize price performance in a multi-cloud environment.