Unbabel eliminates language barriers so that businesses can thrive across cultures and geographies.The company’s language operations platform blends advanced artificial intelligence with human editors, for fast, efficient, high-quality translations that get smarter over time. Unbabel integrates seamlessly in any channel so that agents can deliver consistent multilingual support from within their existing workflows. Making it easy for enterprises to grow into new markets and build seamless customer experiences in every corner of the world.Based in San Francisco, Calif., Unbabel works with leading customer support and marketing teams at brands such as Facebook, Microsoft, Booking.com, and Under Armour to communicate effortlessly with customers around the world, no matter what language they speak.
- Empathy: We put ourselves in the shoes of our customers to interpret their needs. We put ourselves in the shoes of our fellow Unbabelers to understand their needs and behaviors.
- Mission Driven: We’re on a mission to build the world translation layer. Achieving the mission is the most important thing we can do as a company. We put the mission above all else, that can mean parking fun to achieve our goals at times. We know we can prioritize the mission whilst being kind, empathetic and human at the same time.
- Innovative & Smarts: We create products that change the world. We do it by bringing new ideas to the table and solving problems in new and better ways. Many bright sparks are magic.
- Fun & Camaraderie: We work in a fun environment where people enjoy doing things together. Having fun fosters connections in different dimensions. We want to achieve our mission and enjoy the ride while we’re doing it. We’re citizens of Unbabel and we take care of one another.
What’s the opportunity about?
The Mid-Market Account Executive is responsible for selling Unbabel solutions to prospective customers across a key geographic region. Using a consultative sales approach, the successful candidate will be the primary contact for mid-market size customers.
As a Mid-Market Account Executive, you will be accountable for generating and winning opportunities within target accounts for the full-suite of Unbabel offerings. You’ll be supported by Marketing, Business Development, Partnerships and Solutions Consultant teams to help you be as successful as possible.
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high-potential departments within target accounts.
- Articulate and demonstrate Unbabel’s unique business and technical value.
- Execute end-to-end sales activities, including lead generation, follow up, opportunity qualification, sales process, acquisition, and retention.
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success.
- Track all relevant sales activity using Salesforce and Clari.
- Evangelizing the Unbabel vision through product demonstrations, in-market events, and account-specific initiatives.
- Continually building and managing a pipeline of new business, upselling, and cross-selling opportunities.
- Owning the business with an accurate sales pipeline
- Experience in the sales process for enterprise SaaS solutions.
- Demonstrated enterprise sales success – a track record of exceeding quotas; recognition, awards - potentially as a top-performing BDR.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to tell compelling stories tied to specific use cases.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Ability to tailor messages according to the audience and context.
- Proven ability to open new doors within target accounts.
- Native level in English, German would be a bonus.
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and a desire to deeply understand and demonstrate Unbabel’s functionality, use cases, as well as business and technical elements.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant.
- Ability to function independently, as well as collaboratively with Unbabel colleagues.
- Work using a structured, repeatable sales approach and ideally using MEDDPICC.
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible working hours
- Individual budget to set up your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- Role-related and professional skills training, to support you on your career journey.
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
What to expect from our Interview process?
- Interview with a recruiter (30 min)
- Interview with Hiring Manager (30 to 45 min)
- Team Interview (30min to 45min)
- Final Interview (30 mins)
Ideally, we like our process to take no more than three weeks.
Unbabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on ethnicity, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment).