Working with the sales leadership team, the Account Executive will have had experience at inside sales in a business-to-business setting in a technology field and will have been a top performer throughout his/her career. The Account Executive will both prospect and close full sale cycles within Commercial accounts in their territory.
Job Purpose: Sell BitSight Technologies' Benchmarking, 3rd Party Risk, and Merger and Acquisition SaaS solutions by maintaining and expanding customer base.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and hunt new accounts by planning and organizing daily schedules to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Execute prospecting campaigns by aggressive customer outreach.
- Keeps management informed by submitting results reports, weekly updates and monthly and quarterly territory analyses.
- Careful and continual updating of appropriate Customer Resource Management (CRM) tools to include Salesforce.com
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Submits orders following company policy.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing responses, and making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Contributes to the sales team by collegial interaction with peers.
Required Skills and Education:
- 1-2 years of successful closing experience as an inside sales professional.
- Extensive experience with use of Salesforce.com or similar CRM for managing an inside sales team.
- The candidate’s inside sales experience should be specific to pursuing the sale of a technology-oriented product or service in a business-to-business setting.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience with multiple communications channels (e.g. web, social media, etc.) and how they can be combined and leveraged in a sales campaign is strongly preferred.
- Selling of SaaS in an inside sales model is strongly preferred.
- Security, Vendor Risk, or GRC sales management skills preferred.
Diversity. BitSight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Culture. We put our people first. BitSight offers best in class benefits. We devote the same energy to nurturing our company's inclusive culture as we apply to serving our customers' needs. Working at BitSight will give you the opportunity to fulfill your professional goals and expand your skills.
Open-minded. If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in BitSight’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways.
Additional Information for United States of America Applicants:
Qualified applicants with criminal histories who are based in San Francisco and applying for remote roles will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
If you are resident of Colorado or New York City, please email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role.