Since the company’s inception, KX’s singular goal has been to provide its customers with the fastest, most efficient, and most flexible tools for processing real-time and historical data to derive actional insights that drive critical business decisions. This focus has enabled us to become the worldwide leader of in-memory, time-series databases and streaming analytics
KX technology is designed to capture and analyse data to make real-time decisions in a world where data volumes generated by markets and machines are increasing exponentially, and existing technologies fail due to technological or commercial limitations.
KX is widely adopted throughout the financial industry, and following the launch of KX Insights, the Cloud-First, Real-time Streaming Analytics Platform, is poised for accelerated growth across high-tech manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, utilities and telecommunications.
KX is looking for energetic, highly motivated self-starters with a successful sales track record in the enterprise software sector of over 10 years, experienced in prospecting, cultivating and closing enterprise software sales, and with proven access to senior client executive decision makers. This is a new business role where experience and results matter and will be well rewarded. The role will work cross-functionally with technical sales, solution teams, consulting, professional services, project management, delivery, support, corporate marketing, to build and deliver revenue growth.
- Target Achievement: Achieve and consistently surpass stated revenue goals.
- Pipeline Management. Maintain an accurate forecast at all times and to build and grow a strong set of opportunities to ensure there is sufficient pipeline to meet sales targets.
- Use Value Based selling to effectively manage all aspects of a complex sales cycle.
- ‘C Suite’ Access: Have access to an extensive rolodex to extend the KX footprint through thought leadership and a proven track record working at the C suite level.
- Cold Calling: Outbound sales calls to develop new business opportunities for KX.
- Closing new business opportunities presented via the lead generation team.
- Prospecting new contacts at leading institutions across IoT, Telecommunications, Oil and Gas, Utilities and Smart City initiatives for the territory.
- Mining existing accounts for up-selling and cross selling of new opportunities.
- To take ownership of the bid process in responding to client RFI / RFPs to a high-quality optimising sale value and chances of client acceptance whilst ensuring compliance with company policies and standards.
- To report detailed activities to senior level management within the company. Engagement in project deliveries (including support) to achieve high customer satisfaction, to resolve customer issues in a timely, efficient and profitable manner.
- Where appropriate facilitate the timely renewal of existing customer contracts for optimal value.
- Contribute to the software product strategies to enhance the product opportunity and marketability.
- Feedback on competitive intel and how changing market landscapes affect KX’s value proposition and how to leverage this evolution to KX’s advantage.
- Work with other FD and KX functions to deliver high customer satisfaction.
- Proven sales track record over the last 10 years of consistently overachieving multi-million sales targets in the IoT spectrum. Working directly with clients or through SI’s and OEM providers. A strong track record is essential.
- Self-starter, passionate, articulate professional.
- Ability to build relationships with prospects ensuring leads/meetings develop to next steps by sending collateral, supporting proposals and organising follow up meetings.
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to succinctly articulate the value proposition and differentiators to set KX solutions and products apart from the competition.
- Good understanding of the IoT landscape, who the competitors are and how to win against them and emerging thematics (Cloud; ML…) and KX can leverage these to their advantage.
- A competent sales and technical understanding of IoT data architectures to be able to independently progress sales opportunities through to successful conclusion.
- Experience in presenting and gathering requirements at all levels across an organization with the ability to engage, persuade and influence VP and C suite levels.
- An appreciation of working across multiple cultural divides and proven track record of working in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.