The Senior Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing pre-sales support for complex managed services solutions in a cloud hosting environment. The Senior SE must be a subject matter expert on all RapidScale solutions and continually work to improve themselves and our company. The Senior SE position includes direct customer interaction on sales opportunities, validation of all quotes, production of supporting diagrams and written statements of work.
The Senior SE will be a direct interface between the Sales, Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams and will maintain extensive and up-to-date knowledge of all existing and new product and services capabilities. The Senior SE will also have the opportunity and responsibility for participating in ongoing enhancement of products and services.
The Senior SE is expected to be a self-starter capable of making decisions and operating with a high level of autonomy to complete assigned tasks, while also being willing and able to collaborate as part of a larger team. Larger, more complex projects and sales opportunities may necessitate the participation of more than one SE and all team members are expected to be able to work in groups when leadership determines that it is appropriate. Internal projects will also require a high degree of teamwork.
The Senior SE is also responsible for mentoring other SE team members, participating in productization efforts, building out proof of concepts for customers and prospects, and may be called upon to participate in or lead projects such as building demonstration labs and creating internal documentation. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with clients, partners, vendors and colleagues. Communicate professionally and effectively at all levels.
- Architect solutions to customers' and propsects' technical and business challenges using the RapidScale product and service set.
- Taking a leading role in presentation of large, complex solutions and participate in customer negotiations with sales teams and partners.
- Provide metrics / detail on number / status of opportunities being supported.
- Ensure consistency of solutions, value proposition, and pre-sales support methodology.
- Assist sales team on technical and financial aspects of proposal writing and development.
- Ensure smooth transfer of solution design details and knowledge from Solutions Engineering team to Engineering teams and Project Management teams for all new service implementations.
- Ensure solutions comply with operational processes and policies related to solution design and implementation.
- Foster a customer service-oriented approach for all team members.
- Lead or participate in projects focused on overall team improvement.
- Up to 50% travel.
- 6+ years of progressive experience implementing information technology solutions with a BS/BA degree; or 10+ years in lieu of a degree (required)
- 3+ years of experience in pre-sales support (required)
- 2+ years of IT leadership experience is a major advantage
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; must communicate effectively in a professional manner
- Strong problem resolution and conflict management skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
- Understanding of IP addressing and subnets, routing protocols, firewalls, and load balancing
- Strong understanding of security solutions (IPS/IDS, SIEM, Identity Management, etc.)
- Working knowledge of compliance frameworks (SOC, PCI, HIPAA, etc)
- Thorough understanding of virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with desktop virtualization, M365
- Strong interpersonal skills; must work effectively with associates; be a team player
- Demonstrated technical sales and leadership skills
- Superior multitasking, organization, and prioritization skills
- Strong MS Office and Visio Skills
- Must project a high degree of confidence and creativity
- Must display willingness to learn and self-motivate
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrate RapidScale and Cox values
Role requires the ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
Fast-paced, positive, high-energy environment. Can have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
Security and Compliance Requirements:
All positions at Rapidscale have role based levels of access to networks, systems, customer, and company information. Information Security is a top priority and access granted is limited to only necessary systems and information required to perform the expected job responsibilities. In this position, as an employee, you are required to protect and maintain the integrity of our company and customer information. These protections include information assets including customer and company information for any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and other related personal or proprietary information.About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!About Cox
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.