As we continue to increase our presence in the Unified Data Analytics and AI world, we're looking for a creative, driven and execution oriented Account Executive to sell to the Australian market to maximize the huge market opportunity that exists for Databricks today.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, as an Account Executive, you will be experienced in selling to a number of large Digital Native companies within the Australian market. You will come with an informed point of view on Big Data and Advanced Analytics which will guide your successful sales strategy together with both our teams and partners, allowing you to provide value to our biggest and most valued customers.
The Impact You Will Have
- Assess your accounts and develop a strategy to identify and utilise all buying centers
- Identify, build and expand use cases in each account to maximise Databricks impact
- Orchestrate and use our teams to maximise the impact on your ecosystem
- Build value with all engagements to guide successful negotiations to close point
- Guide growth in usage for your customers
- Identify all important uses cases and buying centers in an opportunity to increase the impact of Databricks in an organisation
- Create a Territory Strategy for Australia
What We Look For
- 5 or more years in selling complex software deals to customers, preferably Digital Native organizations.
- Familiarity with the Australian market. The local organizations, their priorities, buying process, buying cycles, and decision-making processes.
- Background of selling usage-based SaaS solutions
- Evidence of creating demand, business need and compelling reasons that provide large-scale account expansion
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and process, e.g. account planning, MEDDPICC, value selling and accurate forecasting
- Experience in engaging with and selling to C-Level customers
- Experience in hunting in a greenfield space and also appetite to farm deeper into existing accounts to expand further
- Build champions and collaborative teams to support implementation of expansion plan
- Private hospital plan and extras coverage
- Life, disability and income protection coverage
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.