Scale AI is seeking a highly motivated Global Accounting Manager to join our growing accounting team and assist in preparing, reviewing, and supervising day to day corporate accounting operations, supporting the month end close process, and helping to implement systems and processes that will support Scale as we continue to grow. This role will also provide daily management of the company’s accounting team (Philippines and US). In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast and high-growth environment.
The ideal candidate thrives in a high-growth start-up, is detail-oriented, and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate has demonstrated the ability to build scalable cross-functional relationships through systems and process implementation. We hope you will join our team!
- Prepare and review journal entries, manage day to day corporate accounting activities, support the month end close process, and provide timely and accurate month-end close financials that are U.S. GAAP compliant
- Enhance or build account reconciliation workpaper for every balance sheet account including reviewing and performing some clean-up of historical reconciliations and related balances
- Own drafting and applying operational accounting policies
- Manage FloQast, our month end close and reconciliation management tool
- Support the implementation of new systems, tools, and processes to streamline close and build scalable solutions to support the growth of the Company
- Collaborate within Accounting and Finance teams on metrics, flux analysis, forecast, and projections and support preparation of the monthly reporting package
- Identify and drive process improvements to gain efficiencies and reduce close timeline
- Work effectively with cross functional teams on new and existing U.S. domestic and international initiatives
- Develop, maintain and improve internal controls which relate to assigned areas
- Prepare and/or review documents supporting internal and external audits and ensure the successful completion of those audits
- Manage the Philippine team and work to ensure the success of all related efforts
Ideally You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or equivalent required
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience; Combination of public accounting (Big 4 strongly preferred) and industry experience (start-up through to becoming a public Company experience a plus)
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process a must
- Proven proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc); must be highly proficient in Excel
Nice to Haves:
Direct accounting experience for any/all of the following areas: investment, internally use software, ASC 842 leases, cloud computing arrangement, stock-based compensation and/or consolidation and Fx.
Excellent problem solving skills; project management experience a plus, ability to work in a fast pace environment, prioritize, and handle a teams multiple tasks while being able to critically think and forsee issues and obstacles and leading the team through these to success especially in situations where there is not a set way of doing things
Proficiency in SQL, NetSuite, FloQast, Coupa and Jira considered a plus
Excellent writing, oral communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations, San Francisco, New York, or Seattle, is $116,000-148,000_. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend._
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.