At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions
(“MacMiller”) we make buildings work better. As the Northwest’s leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our over 1000 employees across 11 offices, there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers’ expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction – Engineering, fabrication and install of mechanical systems for new projects following lean construction practices
- Special projects – Retrofits and mechanical repairs for existing buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - scheduled preventative maintenance ensuring tenant comfort, and 24/7 emergency response
- Building performance – Control systems, fault detection, energy services and remote monitoring
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and it’s because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration – Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication – We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety – Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, it’s an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community – We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation – We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! – Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too seriously. It’s possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Associate Account Executive: This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Special Projects Associate Account Executive who is responsible for effectively supporting the Service Special Projects Area Lead and associated Team. They will be expected to demonstrate a sincere desire to serve our customers and the ability to work with co-workers in a cooperative manner. They are also expected to meet performance standards set by management and to comply with all company policies and procedures. They will report directly to the Service Special Projects Area Lead.The ultimate goal of this role is to transition to an Account Executive role, selling and managing their own work after one to two years. In return for achieving aggressive goals, you’ll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you’ve probably ever had.Top deliverables in the first year to be a hero:
- Maintain 24-hour response time for all urgent and/or important email correspondence.
- Provide accurate and timely project information regarding vendor quotes and field labor estimates.
- Assist in all preliminary aspects of the project proposal as requested by Account Executives.
- Develop an understanding of project sales and project management.
The Associate Account Executive role reports to Steve Flink – SSP Zone Lead-Senior Account Executive on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have…
And everyone you work with should describe you as…
- A willingness to try new things and constantly learn
- Experience leveraging project documents, such as O&Ms, Closeouts, warranties, contracts, and more
And you should be motivated by…
- Having high ownership of your tasks
- A strong collaborator
- Someone with tons of initiative
- A resourceful problem solver
- Building your skills in an environment that allows you the autonomy to learn and better yourself to prepare for future growth.
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
$75,000.00 - $80,000.00 per yearMacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
Where you will work
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long-term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Our Tacoma office (2801 Pacific Avenue / Tacoma, WA 98402) conveniently located off I-5 / I-705, right in the heart of the Brewery District. Pacific avenue is home to many of Tacoma’s most established restaurants, as well as an exciting variety of shops and new and exciting eateries.Interested in learning more?
If you’re ready for an adventure and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach out to them to get introduced to the team!MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.