Solutions Architect - Sales Engineer (EST)
phData works exclusively in the realm of data and machine learning. By partnering with the biggest cloud data platforms (Snowflake, AWS, dbt, Fivetran), we’re able to help the world’s largest companies solve their toughest challenges.
Our work is challenging and our standards are high, but we invest heavily in our employees, starting with a 4 week bootcamp to ensure you’ll be successful. Plus, you’ll get to work with the brightest minds in the industry and the latest data platforms on the market. And, because the data and ML industry is changing rapidly, you will always have the opportunity to learn - whether that’s a new technology, diving deeper into your preferred stack, or picking up an entirely new skill set.
Even though we're growing extremely fast, we maintain a casual, exciting work environment. We hire top performers and allow them the autonomy to deliver results. Our award winning workplace fosters learning, creativity and teamwork.
Fueled by talented Data Scientists, Engineers, Architects, and innovative thought leaders, phData is shaping the future of data. We're looking for a Solutions Architect - Solutions Engineer to serve as a key technical leader helping customers gain tangible value from their data.
- 2022 Snowflake Partner of the Year
- 2022 Best Places to Work
- Best Places to Work (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing US Companies (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 (2021)
- Snowflake Elite, Snowpark Accelerated & Snowflake Partner of the Year (2020 & 2021)
As a Solution Architect (SA) on the Solutions Engineering (SE) team, your responsibilities include:
- Owning the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer success and further customer expansion)
- Clearly communicating phData’s Managed Services (MS), Data Engineering (DE) and Machine Learning Engineering (MLE) services to existing and potential customers
- Ensuring overall customer success across phData offerings
- Help establish and grow our customer relationships
- Delivering on pre-sales proof of concepts or short paid engagements
- Growing phData’s influence and public presence at conferences, meetups, speaking events, etc.
- Collaborate with account executive and delivery owner on Statement of Work (SOW) deliverables
- Attract and retain the top talent in the industry
- Lead, motivate, inspire and mentor project team members to excel as well as participate in the hiring process for new candidates
- 5+ years previous experience as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer or Data Analytics
- Prior experience in Sales or Sales Engineering - you possess strong technical skills and business acumen with a sales mindset
- Expertise in core data engineering technologies including Spark (Cloudera, Databricks, EMR), Snowflake and AWS data services.
- Deep experience in one or more ecosystem products/languages such as HBase, Spark, Azure Data Factory, Snowflake, AWS EMR, AWS Glue, AWS Redshift, Kudu, etc
- Programming experience in Java, Scala, or other statically typed programming language is preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies in a quickly changing field
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug, and optimize distributed SQL queries
- Excellent communication skills including proven experience working with key stakeholders and customers
- Ability to translate “big picture” business requirements and use cases into a full data engineering or machine learning solution, including ingestion of many data sources, ETL processing, data access and consumption, machine learning modeling, as well as custom analytics
- Experience scoping activities on large scale, complex technology infrastructure projects
- Customer relationship management including project escalations, and participating in executive steering meetings
- Prior experience in Sales
- Able to travel 20-30%. Typically 1-2 day trips as part of the sales process.
Why phData? We offer:
- Casual, award-winning, entrepreneurial work environment (work remote)
- Collaborative culture that prizes autonomy, creativity, and transparency
- Competitive comp, excellent benefits, 4 weeks PTO plus 10 Holidays (and other cool perks)
- Continuous, advanced training and paid certifications
- Accelerated learning and professional growth; work with and learn from the top Engineers in the data industry