As Technical Account Manager, you will be the main point of contact and technical account owner for one or multiple accounts (up to 4), reporting directly to the Dedicated Client Care Manager. The mission of the Professional Services team is to help customers achieve success and maximize value in their investment while mitigating risks, by supporting the design, deployment, maintenance, and utilization of Genetec’s solution portfolio.
Your role as Technical Account Manager will be to ensure the efficient and smooth operations of the Genetec ecosystem within a customer’s environment while ensuring long-term success of the account(s).
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for helping customers manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance of various Genetec systems. Furthermore, the TAM will monitor support requests to identify any recurring issues and may recommend changes to products or their usage. The TAM will also hold regular review meetings with customers to discuss any issues or problems and provide reports to the account stakeholders.
Finally, the TAM will identify opportunities to upgrade, modify or add products so that they meet customers’ needs more effectively. They provide reports on product performance to the development team and advise customers on new products or upgrades that may be suitable for their business.
What your day will look like:
- Provide business, technical, and product knowledge support to customer
- Address product related questions and technical challenges
- Identify areas where operational processes can be improved to further enhance the implementation of the Genetec solutions
- Educate and advise clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business and operational objectives
- Monitor accounts to ensure optimal usage and performance of the Genetec ecosystem
- Frequently conduct and coordinate tactical operations reviews with client teams
- Coordinate with support organization to ensure client escalations are resolved in due time
- Involve and coordinate with additional Genetec teams (product, sales, executive leadership, etc.) when deemed necessary for the long-term success of the customer
- Perform quarterly Business reviews and assist in product trainings needed
- Work with the various internal team to ensure that Genetec meets and/or surpasses customer expectations and/or contractual SLAs
- Ensure productivity tools are used properly and efficiency metrics are met
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire Genetec product line
- Ensures all outstanding business opportunities/up-sell potentials for ongoing projects are captured and communicated to the Sales team for follow-up
- Provide regular reports on customer status to the Dedicated Client Care Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration is preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an Account Management, Project Management or Field Engineering capacity
- Ability to match client’s business requirements with product capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build positive relationships with other team members
- Possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills (detail-oriented)
- Comfortable interfacing with key individuals at major accounts in sensitive situations
- Must possess valid driver’s license and passport
- Ability to travel between Canada and the US up to 50% of the time
- Ideally, must be fluent in French and English both verbally and written
- Excellent administration and troubleshooting knowledge of the various Windows operating systems (Active Directory, SQL, file sharing, IIS, clustering, GPO, performance monitoring, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP protocols.
- Experience with networking equipment configuration and troubleshooting (switches, routers, etc.).
- Understanding of network storage (SAN, NAS, iSCSI) principles and best practices.
- Database query and management skills
- Understanding of server virtualization concepts.
- Experience with encryption and certificates
- MCSE, CCNA, SQL Server, VMware, or similar technical professional certifications considered a plus
- Deployment and troubleshooting of security systems such as:
- Video Surveillance (IP cameras and encoders, video matrices, DVRs, etc.)
- Access control systems (reader, controller, wiring, etc.)
Let's talk perks!
- Attractive compensation package
- Training Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Work-life balance with a flexible working schedule
Would you like to know what it looks like to work at Genetec? Click on the following link to find out for yourself! Genetec Culture
Thank you for your application, but please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Head-hunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumés/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers.