Title: Enterprise Account Manager / Strategic Account Manager (AM/SAM)
Reports to: Head of Enterprise Sales
Location: Atlanta (in office at least 3x week, Tues-Thurs)
If you’ve been searching for a career with a company that values creativity, innovation and teamwork, consider this your ticket to ride.
CharterUP is on a mission to shake up the fragmented $15 billion charter bus industry by offering the first online marketplace that connects customers to a network of more than 600 bus operators from coast to coast. Our revolutionary platform makes it possible to book a bus in just 60 seconds – eliminating the stress and hassle of coordinating group transportation for anyone from wedding parties to Fortune 500 companies. We’re introducing transparency, accountability and accessibility to an industry as archaic as phone books. By delivering real-time availability and pricing, customers can use the CharterUP marketplace to easily compare quotes, vehicles, safety records and reviews.
We're seeking team members who are revved up and ready to use technology to make a positive impact. As part of the CharterUP team, you'll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the technology and transportation industries. You'll help drive the future of group travel and help raise the bar for service standards in the industry, so customers can always ride with confidence.
But we're not just about getting from point A to point B – CharterUP is also committed to sustainability. By promoting group travel, we can significantly reduce carbon emissions and help steer our planet towards a greener future. In 2022 alone, we eliminated over 1 billion miles worth of carbon emissions with 25 million miles driven.
We’re a remote-first workplace, but we encourage collaboration and connection with hubs in Atlanta, Austin and Miami. CharterUP is looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our team and help steer us towards a better future for group transportation. On the heels of a $60 million Series A funding round, we’re ready to kick our growth into overdrive – and we want you to be part of the ride.
About This Role
CharterUP is seeking Account Managers
and Strategic Account Managers
to join our Enterprise Sales team. These critical roles will be assigned a portfolio of existing clients, and will be accountable for retention of existing revenue and penetration into new revenue streams. We’re looking for highly motivated and skilled relationship builders to unlock the next phase of our Enterprise Sales growth.
- Competitive base salary and commission target
- AM: $150k OTE
- SAM: $200k OTE
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Build and maintain strong relationships while hunting for new business opportunities within some of CharterUP’s most valued clients
- Leverage relationships at all organizational levels within the customer base to gain a deep understanding of the client’s needs
- Manage all commercial aspects such as sales forecasting, pricing, and client approvals for new transportation projects
- Utilize internal CRM platform to map growth plans and accurately track performance to goals
- Research clients, identify key decision makers and generate interest for expansion opportunities
- Build relationships and maintain communications and ongoing contact with clients in assigned "book of business/territory"
- Leverage internal relationships with and work closely with CharterUP's Pricing & Execution team
- Build and maintain a territory business plan
- Track sales opportunities and provide reporting on current sales funnel using CRM system/HubSpot
Experience and Expertise
- 1-2 years experience in large account management / business development role
- Experience in an industry tangential to charter bus market preferred (Freight, Travel, Logistics, Supply Chain)
- Expert communication and relationship building skills
- Highly effective presentation skills, both virtual and in-person
- Experience with contract negotiation and conflict resolution
- Availability for remote-hybrid position with responsibilities occasionally in-office or on-site at the client
- Step 1: Initial video call with Talent Acquisition + Brief (12 min) online assessment (Wonderlic)
- Step 2: Video call with Hiring Manager
- Step 3: Quantitative Reasoning Interview with Talent Acquisition
- Step 4: Final Interview - Panel
- Step 5: Offer, Background check, reference check
- Step 6: Welcome aboard!
At CharterUP, we don’t compromise on quality. We hire smart, high-energy, trustworthy people and keep them as motivated and happy as possible. We do that by adhering to our principles, which are:
- Customer First
- We always think about how our decisions will impact our clients; earning and keeping customer trust is our top priority
- We are not afraid of short-term pain for long-term customer benefit
- Create an Environment for Exceptional People
- We foster intellectual curiosity
- We identify top performers, mentor them, and empower them to achieve
- Every hire and promotion will have a higher standard
- Everyone is an Entrepreneur / Owner
- No team member is defined by their function or job title; no job is beneath anyone
- We do more with less; we are scrappy and inventive
- We think long-term
- Relentlessly High Standards
- We reject the status quo; we constantly innovate and question established routines
- We are not afraid to be wrong; the best idea wins
- We don’t compromise on quality
- Clarity & Speed
- When in doubt, we act; we can always change course
- We focus on the key drivers that will deliver the most results
- Mandate to Dissent & Commit
- We are confident in expressing our opinions; it is our obligation to express our disagreement
- Once we decide, we enthusiastically move together in the agreed upon direction
CharterUP is an equal-opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.