Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Our patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.What's the role all about?
Join our dynamic team as a cutting-edge Strategic Account Manager and play a key role in expanding our business! As a Flock Freight expert, you will be an integral part of a pod of Strategic Account Managers who are passionate about building deep relationships with our customers and growing wallet share.
As a Strategic Account Manager, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a tangible impact. You will be responsible for understanding the unique needs of our customers and expanding our business by focusing on quote growth, contractual and spot opportunities, and exceeding service expectations.What does the day-to-day look like?
Expanding our business:
- Driving customer engagement and wallet expansion.
- Focusing on quote growth, contractual and spot opportunities, and meeting service expectations.
- Arranging and hosting new customer onboarding meetings and quarterly business reviews.
- Conducting weekly touch points and engagement strategies with our key decision makers to identify expansion opportunities.
- Being an account expert and responsible for identifying and documenting customer expectations clearly with the team and in CRM.
- Backfilling books for the day when someone is OOO.
- Supporting Account Managers with high-level escalation management when issue resolution is required in delicate customer situations.
Being a thought leader:
What qualifications do I need to succeed in this role?
- Maintaining a positive attitude and leading by example.
- Managing up major issues to leadership for visibility and intervention.
- Establishing positive rapport with different departments and collaborating effectively to execute on our customer expectations and business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous logistics experience required, preferably within a freight brokerage
The expected compensation range for this position is $112,000 - $122,000 (OTE, Inclusive of commission). When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate’s position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. If you are local to San Diego, Chicago, or the surrounding areas, your presence will be expected in one of Flock Freight’s headquarters locations (San Diego or Chicago) in an in-office or hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team's hybrid policy!Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.Life & Benefits of the Flock:
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Mental Health: We offer all employees and their dependents (this includes anyone in your household) access to free virtual therapy sessions through HealthiestYou. This free service also offers nutritional help, general medicine and dermatology.