Own The Role:
As a member of the SP6 Training & Development team, the Sales Enablement Manager will focus exclusively on working with our sales and business development teams as internal customers. Specifically, you will be the central “hub” of developing both initial and ongoing training content for our sales team; the objective is to create world-class, professional, consultative sellers who drive consistently successful outcomes for customers, SP6, themselves, and their teammates.
You will work closely with SP6 sales leadership, successful sellers, executive leadership, and others, who have the knowledge and information that needs to be curated, documented, and eventually delivered.
Be a key driver in supporting the following Training & Development mission at SP6: “Training is a process, not an event.”
To be truly elite in any role, professionals need both up-front and ongoing development activities. The mission of this role is to help SP6 to become the “modern-day Xerox” in the development of sales professionals. What does this mean? In the 1980’s and 1990’s, it was largely recognized that if someone wanted to learn and be developed into a sales professional, there was no greater organization that delivered that development, than (at that time) Xerox.
Most sales professionals – and most professionals for that matter – are given some, if any, up-front training, little to no ongoing training, and expected to deliver ever-improving results. SP6 recognizes that developing professional skills to the point of “muscle memory” that will drive elite results, requires intention. The development of our individual team members needs to happen “by design”.
How You'll Drive Success:
- Interview sales leadership, executive leadership, top sellers, technical presales leadership, as well as external 3rd party partners of SP6 that have sales enablement material, too:
- Develop an outline/itinerary and prioritization of sales-related topics for which a learning curriculum needs to be developed
- Interview those stakeholders to elicit and document content
- Develop that content into omnichannel training materials (documents, videos, audio podcasts, role plays, competitions, and more)
- This training will consist of the following:
- Best practice sales process and methodology
- Sales process and methodology specific to SP6: Sales messaging, value propositions, objection handling, and more
- Content tied to the technologies and domains in which SP6 offers solutions
- Competitive Intelligence: understand the strengths and weaknesses of SP6 solutions versus competitive solutions
- Roleplay (“role practices”) scenarios
- Testing and certification for the measurement of sales competency and the “stickiness” of sales training and development
- Sales SOPs: “How To’s” (for instance, how to use our CRM effectively, how to register a deal in a partner portal; more mechanical functions)
- The training and development will be focused on:
- Sales professionals
- Business Development Reps (lead generation and qualification professionals)
- In part, the SP6 Demand Generation (marketing) team, also need to understand the solutions that SP6 sells, and the value proposition and messaging behind each.
- Technical pre-sales engineers
- This role is likely – but frankly, TBD / “to be determined” as this is a new role for SP6:
- Elicitation and development of the training collateral itself (~75%)
- Delivery of that material (~25%)
- What else are we missing?
- Yes, that’s a real question! We’re aggressive enough to know that it’s time to add this function to our organization but humble enough to understand that “we don’t know what we don’t know”. In this role, we’d like to be advised of blind spots. What’s worked for you and prior organizations? What hasn’t? What else should be included in this role?
To Be Successful:
- 5+ years in training and development, with some portion of that experience dedicated to sales enablement.
- There is a lot of work to be done! We are seeking someone who is passionate about this space and function; someone who is “leaned in” based on this passion.
- A driven self-starter. SP6 is successfully built on people who want to climb the mountain to plant their flag and the company’s flag, as opposed to someone who needs to be pushed uphill!
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up in which there is a sense of urgency, and an understanding that needs and priorities may shift and be able to nimbly adjust course as business needs or priorities adjust.
Is this role right for you? Critical Considerations:
This role is only appropriate if you are:
- Passionate about training and development of others
You get “jacked up” by helping develop others; getting them to “light bulb” moments and helping develop people, in this case, sales individuals, into much more successful professionals.
- Passionate about technology, security, and building channel relationships
We’re seeking someone who loves or is drawn to the Information Security space or tech in general. Much of the training to be developed will be around the solutions which we offer, and as such, this has to resonate with people on our team in general, and certainly in this role.
- Someone who works well in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment
This includes being able to work at a fast pace, in some cases working independently and being self-driven, and understanding that many times we are building process and methodology, as opposed to those things already being in place.
- Someone who possesses a strong work ethic
There’s a lot of work to be done here! We’re looking for an individual who is ready to “put their shoulder” into the proverbial plow. Passion typically drives that ethos.
This role crosses virtually every department in our organization, from sales to technical presales, consulting, marketing, and more. The role requires strong relationship management skills and a teaming mentality.