WHO WE ARE
Between our apps Libby and Sora, OverDrive is the leading digital reading platform for over 88,000 public libraries, K-12 schools, colleges/universities, and corporations in 109 countries worldwide. We are dedicated to "a world enlightened by reading" by delivering the industry's most extensive catalog of eBooks, audiobooks, and other digital media. In 2022, OverDrive was voted Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Large Tech Company of the Year. We’re also a Certified B Corporation, meaning we use business as a force of good by empowering communities, supporting literacy, and creating reading happiness.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re an advocate and believe in the value of literacy and accessibility of books. Your ‘To-Be-Read’ list has always been longer than your grocery list. You have an interest in the legal field and the idea of working with law firms excites you. You are an effective communicator in any format – email, phone, in-person and Zoom. You are a well-organized team player who views receiving feedback as getting one step closer to achieving perfection. You are detailed oriented and a creative problem solver. Sales is your bread and butter.
The Account Manager is responsible for building and nurturing strong relationships by onboarding new legal library partners, developing their digital collection, troubleshooting product-related issues, and advising on best practices to drive growth. This position is the primary relationship with our partners in the legal field (law firms, law libraries, law schools, etc.) in the ongoing support and management of their OverDrive LexisNexis Digital Library service.
- Execute partner onboarding, including hosting an implementation call, configuring LexisNexis Digital Library platform settings, coordinating authentication integration, and scheduling staff training sessions.
- Answer partner inquiries via email and phone, including fielding questions as an expert on OverDrive products; analyzing, diagnosing, researching, and reporting technical issues; and advocating for partner feature requests.
- Collaborate closely with external LexisNexis staff to address partner problems, identify root causes, and derive solutions.
- Provide consultative selling of OverDrive titles, with help from OverDrive’s Digital Content Librarian and Publisher Account Services teams, to maximize the value proposition to the partner.
- Manage updates to the partner’s LexisNexis Digital Library for new formats, services, and features.
- Conduct partner audits to increase product awareness and usage and maximize the end user experience. Identify opportunities, share recommendations with partner, and report results.
- Maintain accurate relevant partner data in Salesforce and other OverDrive databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of related experience with partner onboarding, support, and/or customer success. Experience working in the legal or academic law library space is a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Tech-savvy and eager to learn new technology systems, procedures, and skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks working with a variety of individuals.
- Familiar with Windows, Microsoft Office. Slack, Salesforce, Confluence are a bonus.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you're interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply below and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.