Rockwell Automation is a global technology leader focused on helping the world’s manufacturers be more productive, sustainable, and agile. With more than 25,000 employees who make the world better every day, we know we have something special. Behind our customers - amazing companies that help feed the world, provide life-saving medicine on a global scale, and focus on clean water and green mobility - our people are energized problem solvers that take pride in how the work we do changes the world for the better.
We welcome all makers, forward thinkers, and problem solvers who are looking for a place to do their best work. And if that’s you we would love to have you join us!
As a Territory Sales Manager, you will lead the strategy and execution of territory growth goals for core business and strategic growth initiatives. The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for leading, and coaching a team of Partner Managers, System Integrator Managers and Territory Sellers. This individual is responsible for driving collaboration between Territory, industry, OEM, and Technical teams internally and externally with our Distributors and System Integrator Partners.
The Territory Sales Manager will analyze the market needs and will create a selling strategy in conjunction with Rockwell Automation’s digital selling organization and our partners.
- Provides guidance, coaching, and mentorship for a team of Partner Managers, System Integrator Account Managers, and Territory Account Managers
- Analyzes market and creates localized sales strategy to grow in core offerings and strategic initiatives
- Leads strategic direction with Territory Business Leaders and aligns with other supporting functions including operations, digital selling, and marketing
- Responsible for developing executive relationships with Distributors, System Integrators, and key customers
- Focal point for driving teaming and culture within the given territory, including other sales and business segments
- Responsible for increased market share and ensures effective utilization of Rockwell Automation resources
- Manages a territory Budget
- Helps to resolve market conflicts
- Recruits, develops and effectively performance manages a competent and engaged staff capable of exceeding assigned annual sales goals within the assigned territory
- Analyzes local market information and provides ongoing local market, monthly sales activity reports, forecasting and ad-hoc feedback
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline. Additional business related degree/experience preferred.
- Prior experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, channel sales or system integration
- Matrix leadership qualities are plus – collaboration and cross functional team influence
- 8+ year of sales leadership experience, hands-on, active selling and closing large companies
- Experience selling digital transformation solutions, IIOT and industry 4.0 offerings
- Executive presence working with distributors and partners
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel 30-50% in market
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.