As a member of the growing Customer Success organization, a Customer Success Manager (CSM) will drive engagement and increase value by understanding our customer’s business goals, risks, and tracking value drivers. The CSM will also help lead the customer through maturing with Teleport by identifying where they can expand the use of our product.
To be successful in this position, you should have exceptional customer service skills, be detail oriented, have the ability to lead multiple client relationships simultaneously, have a strong background in cloud computing and security, and perseverance to succeed in a high pressure startup environment.
This is a full-time US-based remote position reporting to our Manager of Customer Success. The position requires a dedicated working space with minimal distractions as well as a reliable broadband connection to conduct video based client meetings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build productive and valuable relationships with Teleport’s global enterprise customer segment.
- Develop Account Plans to ensure high product adoption and promote high value use cases.
- Be able to identify challenges and suggest product recommendations to increase customer’s value from their investment in Teleport’s products.
- Work with our Customer Success Architect team to consult customers on technical challenges as well as areas for technical growth.
- Network and navigate internal resources to find answers to your questions, customer inquiries, challenges and opportunities.
- Clearly communicate progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Educate customers on product features, benefits, and usage.
- As the business grows, build and implement internal processes to successfully scale the Customer Success team’s initiatives.
- Track, identify, and forecast expansion opportunities and churn risks.
- Example KPIs: Expansion, churn, net revenue retention, customer satisfaction.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience in enterprise and strategic account management or sales.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills (emails, presentations, video, etc).
- Ability to step into unfamiliar situations, identify correct solutions, prevent blocking issues, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work with our Customer Success Architect team to dive into the technical weeds and solve customer challenges alongside our support team.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with a focus on being proactive every step of the way.
- Ambition, motivation, and grit to thrive in a high pressure startup environment.
- Fluent in English, and local language depending on the assigned region.
- Peer leadership and mentorship skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Salesforce required.
- Schedule flexibility. We are a global company, with clients around the world.
- Periodic travel to client sites, industry events, and Teleport offices.