When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Does the idea of being responsible for handling and selling assigned products and services, with a focus on Assessment and Analytics, within assigned accounts/territory and achievement of revenue goals through prospecting, qualifying, and closing new business excite you?
The Account Executive I has meaningful sales experience and brings developing expertise to the customer engagement, solves customer problems with the appropriate Renaissance products. Responsible for cultivation and long-term maintenance of territory and customer relationships, new customer acquisition, and collaboration with Account Managers and other internal partners. Ensures seamless transition of newly acquired customers to appropriate Account Management and Customer Success partners. This position requires regular travel for customer engagements, conferences, and other revenue-generating activities.
Crucial Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting: Builds and drives plans to identify and qualify net growth opportunities through prospecting (in-person and virtual meetings, emails, phone calls, etc.) and campaigns.
- Managing Opportunities: Manages opportunity pipeline, engages multiple decision makers to ensure communication and consensus through the life of the opportunity and uses networking for openings to increase opportunity value. Proactively identifies obstacles to the closing of the opportunity and creatively uses all available resources to overcome them.
- Consultative Solution Selling: Researches and sells solutions aligned to customers’ unique problems and strategic objectives. Leads across the account team and cross functional internal and external partners to develop winning solutions. Adept at planning and implementing communications and prioritizing who/when to contact.
- Closing Business: Consistently closes business that has progressed past needs development and independently develops persuasive presentations to overcome late-stage deal obstacles to win customer confidence and support.
Industry Product Knowledge
- K-12 Education Competence: Possesses a deep knowledge of the K-12 education space including public, private, and parochial schools. Strong understanding of K-12 districts and school administrative roles, funding, purchasing habits, policies, practices, trends, and school board oversight.
- Domain Expertise: Possesses strong technical knowledge of common tools and trends in ed tech space; staying current on probable future policies, practices, and information affecting customer prospects or businesses
Account and Customer Management
- Customer-First Focus: Develops customer loyalty, satisfaction and executive-level advocates through demonstrated responsiveness and deep understanding of the customer’s needs serving as a trusted advisor.
- Consultative Partner: Sales approach that is focused on understanding customer needs while building value through a cross functional approach.
- Account Planning: Drives coordinated as well as personal account planning activities that leverage relationships and account contacts. Builds business plans, prioritizes efforts with an understanding of account potential and a grasp of competition, funding, policy, regional issues, customer needs and constraints.
- Customer Retention: Builds and maintains customer loyalty and personal connections. Plans and delivers on objectives, asks for references and secures repeat business.
- Strategic Account Planning: Develops long-term account plans that will drive strategic growth across territory and secure support of internal and external team members. Maintain accountability for plan execution and growth objectives.
- Convert Strategy to Tactics: Implement sales strategy to achieve or exceed planned outcomes for the territory.
- Internal Partnering: Collaborate with peers on campaigns, feedback initiatives and joint problem-solving while being an encouraging team member.
- Influential Collaboration: Drives effective teamwork through influential leadership (leading without formal authority) and coordination of resources to achieve efficient results for both the customer and Renaissance
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in educational software sales (3+ years)
- Proficient in teamwork tools (e.g., Outlook, Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Ability to manage full-cycle opportunities using CRM (e.g. Salesforce, MS Dynamics)
- Familiarity with relevant legislation and policy for assigned territory
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience selling educational assessment and analytics products
- Knowledge of educational market with targeted focus on assessment and instruction tools preferred
- Demonstrated experience creatively solving problems with little structure or historical analogues to work from
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- $68,000 - 102,000. This range is not including significant variable compensation and is based on national market data. The range may vary by experience and cost of living. (We may hire at an AE II level, for example.)
- World Class Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you
may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/