Channel Program is the world's largest channel technology marketplace and PRM (Partner Relationship Management) platform that connects Technology Vendors with millions of IT professionals and organizations. We seek a Director of Sales to join our fast-growing Maryland-based Sales organization. Our company has proven product-market fit and is ready to accelerate in the Global Technology Marketplace. We seek a Director of Sales to help manage our distributed salesforce while building a solid local presence in Maryland. This opportunity is perfect for a sales management professional with proven experience taking a B2B SaaS company to $ 5 million ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue).
As Director of Sales, you will be directly responsible for leading, scaling, and coaching a sales team in a high-growth startup environment. You will take ownership of the sales team's performance and accelerate your team's success and efficiency through group and individual coaching, frequent/real-time feedback, opportunity strategy development & critique, and account planning.
As Director of Sales, you can hire, train, and build out an A+ sales team. You will leverage the foundational processes currently in place -- including a comprehensive sales playbook, sales strategies, and collateral -- to optimize, iterate, and manage a high-performing, high-growth, and scalable sales operation.
This position is only open to applicants who reside in and are eligible to work in the US.
- Manage the existing sales team and actively hire qualified team members
- Accurately forecast on a weekly and monthly basis to help sellers meet and exceed quota
- Work closely with senior management; translate plans and directives from senior management into explicit activities
- Understand the hierarchy and culture of customer and prospect organizations and identify the decision-makers and influencers
- Understand and act by economic drivers, including internal and external business dynamics
- Serve as a role model of company culture and embrace our values and ethic
- Coach your team to develop customer management skills like moving stalled deals forward, positioning solutions to customers, and qualifying deals
- Motivate and train the sales force to develop the skills to drive and lead sales processes independently
- Coach, design, and mentor your team of reps to become top achievers and future leaders
- Coach and mentor the team regularly through frequent 1:1 sessions. Follow up on development discussions through regular reviews and provide feedback.
- Conduct group coaching sessions to encourage teamwork and collective learning.
- Actively support the team to proactively build and manage a pipeline of new opportunities.
- Help develop and mature the sales department processes, doubling down on proven successful tactics and iterating where opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Help sellers develop strong commercial, technical, and business acumen to drive well-informed decisions promptly, even when data is limited.
- Proactively anticipate deal-level challenges and roadblocks that can obstruct a new sale, using experience, customer feedback, and peer perspectives.
- Empower sellers to align their preferred sales approach with organizational processes to improve pipeline conversions and close rates.
- Assess market trends, diagnose root-cause of commercial challenges, and identify potential risks for sales processes.
- Conduct a deep dive analysis on seller performance issues and create actionable plans for operational improvement.
- Brainstorm with the team to explore innovative approaches and ideas to position our sales offers.
- Apply creative and lateral thinking to innovate and find solutions for real problems.
- Could you share improvement ideas and best practices for resolving deal obstacles with the team?
- Could you establish critical relationships with other teams and external stakeholders to leverage selling opportunities?
- Please encourage the team, cross-department collaboration, and work with peers to drive opportunities forward, leveraging team members outside your immediate team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven track record as B2B SaaS Director of Sales.
- Experience in SaaS and the IT Channel
- Experience recruiting and building sales teams in a high-growth startup environment.
- Excellent coaching and leadership skills, including people development, objective setting, and evaluation
- Likes to identify gaps and potential obstacles and has a passion for problem-solving through collaboration
- Employs creative techniques to motivate the team to produce innovative approaches and ideas to overcome obstacles in the sales process
- Encourages an inclusive, collaborative, and interactive team environment
- Communicates effectively with the ability to network and influence various stakeholders and manage team conflict
- Knows how to empower the sales team to judge situations and use their preferred approach for pursuing a deal
- Strong negotiating skills and closing techniques.
- At least two consecutive years of remote work experience (mandatory)
- Education: BS (Bachelor of Science) in Sales Management or a business-related field