Who are we?
Shipup is an early growth startup currently with 50 employees, predominately based in our Paris HQ, and we are expanding our US team rapidly. Shipup is looking for truly passionate people to help build something great.
At Shipup, our mission is to create a seamless, proactive, and branded post-purchase experience for online retailers.
If you have ever bought online, you know that waiting for your delivery to arrive can be extremely frustrating. There is little to no communication on where your package is and if it is delayed the customer is given no information that the issue will be resolved. Think of the last time you had a bad delivery experience when ordering from a company, how likely are you to buy from them again? For online retailers, a poor post-purchase experience is a costly nightmare:
it drags down customer satisfaction, online reputation, and repeats purchases while increasing the volume of complaints for customer support.
Shipup is a SaaS
company that tracks in real-time, the orders and deliveries of online retailers in order to create a seamless, branded, and reassuring post-purchase experience
(proactive and live notifications, customized tracking pages, customer surveys at delivery…). Thanks to Shipup, ordering online is less stressful. Online shoppers are more satisfied and go from one-time buyers to lifelong customers.
Shipup was created in late 2016 by 3 Cofounders who used to work for Rocket Internet, Casper, and Dashlane.
Shipup works with more than 600 brands in Europe and North America
, some of which are very successful DTC and digital-native brands
(Purple Carrot, Nation Photo Labs, SSENSE, Peak Design, Na-Kd …) while others are large Enterprise accounts (Carrefour, Yves Rocher, Morrocan Oil…).
We are now a team of 50 people
and growing fast! Our ambition is to become the leader in the eCommerce post-purchase experience.
- ✊ Ownership We choose to be here and to do what we do. We are responsible for our objectives and for the output of our work.
- 💡 Initiative Taking action without direction from above to improve our knowledge and come up with solutions to problems. Initiative is a key reason for success, and places an obligation not to stifle it.
- 👨👦 Empowerment We encourage those below us to take action and support them if they make mistakes. We explain what we want accomplished and allow flexibility in how it is accomplished.
- 🧸 Caring Being concerned about our co workers, our customers and the customers of our customers.
- 🏋️ Ambition Always seeing bigger and having a strong desire and determination to succeed.
Shipup has been selling in the US from Europe with success for 2 years
. On the ground of this successful experience, we have opened offices in NYC
💥 That’s where you come in.
As one of the 1st Account Executives based in NYC, you will play a critical role in the development of Shipup in the US. You will help future customers understand the value of our product, ensure a successful implementation, as well as maintain a long-term relationship to build & scale-up Shipup's reputation in the US. You will leverage what we learned in the past years to test and improve the sales process.
This position is ideal for someone who is looking to grow their career, take initiative, and is eager to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use a consultative selling approach: Uncover pain points and help prospects realize Shipup’s value through conversational discovery calls & tailored demos
- Work collaboratively with other teams (BDR, Onboarding, Customer Success, Tech team) to drive opportunities across the finish line
- Constantly optimize the sales pipeline, by leveraging data at each step of the process (which implies keeping the pipeline up to date within the CRM)
- Create a team atmosphere and establish relationships with 2 BDR’s
- Organize and actively maintain a robust pipeline
- Attend targeted events to find new leads
- A strong focus on customer success, both during the initial sale and post-sale
- Book 2 of your own Demos a month
Meet the NYC team
- Jose Martinez, Account Executive
- Stephen Ciampaglio, Sales Manager
- Sierra Lieblich, Account Executive & Partnership
- Isabelle Hidalgo, BDR
- David Fehr, BDR
- Richard Minega, BDR
- Diane Dessons, Chief of Staff
- Terence Delahaye, Co-founder & COO
Sales at Shipup
- Deal Size: $20k ARR
- Close rate: 35%
- Growth: 2x
- Customers: Adoreme, Purple Carrot, Ssense, Na-kd, Morrocan Oil and more
- Profile Buyer: Customer support manager / Ecommerce director
You could be a good fit if :
- You have 2+ year of sales experience in tech, SaaS is an asset.
- You have a proven track record in SaaS sales - exceeding quotas and quick learner
- You are tenacious and out of the box - if there isn’t a solution, you will find one
- You have excellent communication and writing skills in English
- You are organized and meticulous
- You are an active listener who can identify opportunities and leverage them
- Ability to have strategic, business-oriented conversations at the VP and C-level.
- Selling is something you like doing, and you want to get better at it
- You are looking for a "launching a startup" experience with the opening of the US office (a high level of ownership & initiative is required)
- Experience in Salesforce and/or Hubspot is a plus
Why should you apply?
You will have a strong 💪🏼
impact and will be fully responsible in helping to build our scale phase
- Join us at a magical time: in 3 years, you will be able to say: “I was there when it was only 5 of us in the US”. Your decisions will have a long-term impact.
- Defined career path based on performance. Our goal is to get you to the next step.
- A team where everyone cares for one another (If you want to read what our employees are saying about us on Glassdoor ! ✨)
- Cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
- Stylish office located in the Dumbo, in Brooklyn (Rooftop access, large windows with natural light and a view of the Brooklyn Bridge from your desk)
- We will teach you the skills necessary to advance the career path you choose
- You will be an important member of our team and have a voice for impacting positive change
3 reasons to believe us
- Everything has to be built and/or challenged on the human, process and technical levels. We are that change
- Our scale has just begun. Fast growth = opportunity
- We have achieved product-market fit (low churn rate of our customers) BUT the go-to-market fit is still ongoing.
Company Benefits And Perks
- 💰 Minimum yearly base salary of $68,000 and around $110,000 OTE with an objective of 4-month ramp-up
- 🪜 Career-ladder in place to help you grow at Shipup and reach higher objectives
- 🌟 Equity packages, the success of the company is also the employees' success
- ✈ 4 weeks vacation and parental leave
- 💻 Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- 🥗🍰🍾 Weekly events: lunches, dinners, drinks, parties…
- 👩⚕️ Health coverage
- ⛷Every year (once traveling is safe) we organize a company-wide insane off-sites in Europe & in the US (Sicily, Marrakech, Corsica, Alps…) to strengthen the social bonds
- 🙆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Shipup
📞 Screening call with Stephen, our Sales Manager
💡 Motivational interview with Stephen
🥗🍻 Culture fit
✅ Reference check
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Shipup is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.