Balance is creating the payment infrastructure that will allow for seamless online B2B trade, globally. With the first tailored 1-click checkout fully dedicated for B2B merchants and marketplaces, Balance allows vendors to offer their buyers flexibility in payment and terms, wrapped with an awesome, quick and easy checkout experience.
This is a unique opportunity. With the support of the best investors in the industry (Forerunner, LightSpeed, Ribbit Capital, Stripe), you'll have the responsibility and resources to take a significant part in the creation of a paradigm-changing product that can impact millions.
We are seeking a highly motivated Business Development Representative to join our team and help drive new business growth.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for identifying high-value opportunities and relentlessly capable of managing early sales funnel activities over email, phone, and LinkedIn, and collaborating with the sales team to close deals.
- Identify and qualify potential customers by conducting research, cold-calling, and prospecting via email and social media
- Engage with inbound leads to qualify them as sales opportunities
- Move qualified leads through the sales funnel by connecting them to an AE and scheduling introduction meetings and demos
- Identify high-potential businesses, verticals, and markets; develop and execute outbound strategies to get Balance on their priority lists
- Initiate contact with potential customers through cold-calling, cold emailing, in addition to quickly responding to inbound leads
- Work closely with our team of Account Executives to build strategy and prospect into designated accounts, verticals, and markets
- Develop relationships with prospects to understand and uncover their needs and timelines
- Maintain contact and follow-up with prospects who have previously expressed interest in Balance, but did not ultimately convert into a sales opportunity
- Organize and update activity and contact information within our CRM system and support weekly reporting efforts
- Work closely with and provide feedback to Marketing to help improve their targeting and messaging
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical or business degree preferred
- Experience selling payments or other fintech products - Advantage
- A strong track record of top performance and success in previous roles
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent relationship-building skills