Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model . Team members can work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, Poland, or Portugal. Conditions permitting, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly's hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków.
We believe this balanced, flexible approach gives our team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust, unlocks creativity, and further fuels innovation.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based on the West Coast of the United States or Canada.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams rely on Grammarly’s AI-enabled communication assistance to help them communicate confidently and achieve their goals. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category for individuals, enterprises, and developers with tailored service offerings: Grammarly Premium , Grammarly Business , Grammarly for Education , and Grammarly for Developers . All of this begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Manager of Enterprise Customer Success to join our Sales Leadership team and drive positive business outcomes for our customers through value realization initiatives that lead to expansion and learnings. This person will report directly to the Head of Customer Success for Grammarly’s B2B business. As our first Manager of Enterprise Customer Success, they will be responsible for developing and executing strategic initiatives, collaborating cross-functionally with teams such as Sales, Product Management, Revenue Operations, and Product Marketing, and growing the team to support our ambitious growth goals for 2023 and beyond.
As the Manager of Enterprise Customer Success, your team and work will have high visibility. You will be a driving force of high customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and actionable insights, and you will be a strong advocate for both the customer and your team. Your leadership team will be responsible for scaling a top-performing Sales ecosystem.
You will be evaluated and compensated based on the Enterprise Customer Success team’s performance, initiatives to build out the customer success function, and role-modeling Grammarly’s EAGER values (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable).
We’re looking for someone who
- Your first 30 days will be focused on learning: you will gain a deep understanding of our customers, our product, our value proposition, aspects of sales performance, the sales tech stack, and our value-based sales framework.
- By the end of month three, you will have recruited new team members, tested new playbooks, evaluated performance measurement, and developed a clear, strategic plan for the year ahead.
- By the end of month six, you will have developed a highly effective operating cadence, captured performance improvements, and established a predictable and repeatable enterprise customer success motion.
- By the end of year one, you will have built out a best-in-class Enterprise Customer Success function that is ready to efficiently and effectively support a fast-growing and global customer base.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Lives on the West coast of the United States or Canada and is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Relentlessly sets aggressive short- and long-term goals and possesses a strong internal drive to achieve them.
- Builds and deepens relationships with people, understands their needs and goals, and sees solutions through.
- Searches for reasons and causes and has the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data, make data-driven decisions, and use (often incomplete) data to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Wants to bring stories to life, energize them, and make them exciting and vivid—in other words, takes dry idea and enlivens it with images, examples, and metaphors.
- Discovers how to realize business value and expand customer relationships through a deep understanding of customer needs, rather than a feature list.
- Understands the subscription business models including freemium, free trial, account expansion, and upsells.
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing excellent health care (including mental health and fertility benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, caregiver and pet care stipends, wellness stipends, 401(k) matching (US only), admission discounts, learning and development opportunities, and more.
- For North America–based employment: Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, meaning pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our compensation packages include equity; a wide range of medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance options; retirement benefits; and parental leave. We offer twenty days of paid time off per year (global), eleven days of paid holidays per year (US and Canada), and unlimited sick days (global).
The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $197,000 – $237,000/year (USD)
Zone 2: $179,000 – $215,000/year (USD)
Zone 3: $167,000 – $201,000/year (USD)
Zone 4: $158,000 – $190,000/year (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer, a participant in the US Federal E-Verify program (US), and abides by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following US states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania (Kennett Township, New London Township, Pittsburgh City, Shaler Township), South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia
Grammarly currently supports the long-term work of team members in the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Ontario
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Europe, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered on-site to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.