Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF, Chicago, and NYC . This role can be based anywhere in the U.S as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
As an Insurance Advisor for Vouch’s Scale Team you’ll be responsible for building scalable risk management solutions at critical growth stages of Vouch’s prospective clients. In this role, you will develop a deep knowledge of technology companies across the Enterprise, Fintech, Consumer, and Life Sciences Verticals and act in an advisory capacity to help mitigate the company’s risk, and structure insurance programs that transfer business risk into insurance contracts.
A Scale IA will assist the Team Lead in the acquisition of prospective new clients. As the individual develops, they will be asked to take on responsibilities to help drive prospective client lead flow through our key distribution partners, as well as building Vouch’s brand in the technology ecosystem.
- Structure and build complex insurance programs for Vouch prospects
- Work with Vertical Lead to drive new business performance by conducting risk reviews and audit prospective clients insurance programs
- Effectively communicate with the comprehensive Enterprise Scale Team including Team Lead, Account Managers, Underwriters, and Brokers
- Develop startup industry expertise, a deep understanding of a startup’s operational infrastructure, and the intrinsics risk associated with tech companies
- Manage high value client relationships both in a virtual and in-person settings
- Deliver consistent and timely responses, follow-through, and follow-up in response to prospective client requests
- Ensure clients are comfortable with and able to utilize the tools/services available through Vouch platform
- Directly cultivate and manage relationships with the most important founders, investors, operators, and partners in the technology ecosystem
- Continuing education and a focus on learning and development in the Cyber, Technology Errors & Omissions, and Director & Officers insurance verticals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of sales or client management experience within the Commercial Insurance space
- Knowledge of Commercial P&C coverage lines (Professional and Speciality lines)
- Excited by the challenge of solving hard and ambiguous problems in complex situations
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Passionate about contributing to a high-growth sales organization and team
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Insurance designations: CPCU, RPLU, AINS, CPLP, AAI, MLIS, or PRC
- Cyber or Technology Errors & Omissions knowledge
- Directors & Officers insurance knowledge
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $95,000 to $105,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
_If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to recruiting @ vouch.us