This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. You’ll join a team of industry professionals in a rapidly growing organization and help us propel our growth trajectory.
As an Account Executive, you’ll be working very closely with a Regional Director and have responsibility for both managing some existing transit agency accounts as well as driving expansion to new agencies within a defined territory. This is an amazing opportunity for those with demonstrated experience in managing large/complex organizations to drive depth as well as a hunter that can deliver new business with public transit agencies and fleet operators.
You will develop an understanding of urban mobility challenges faced by transit agency operators and articulate how RideCo’s on-demand platform can solve their problems. You will help prepare detailed proposals in response to RFPs issued by public transit agencies. As a primary point of contact, you’ll have a vital role in shaping customers’ impressions of RideCo and laying the foundation for future partnerships. Your success will be measured by the customer renewals/retention, new revenues and partnerships.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Grow Existing Client Accounts: Execute our land-and-expand business model. Build relationships within existing clients across various departments and stakeholders. Convert pilots into full-scale deals. Convert at-scale deals into even larger deals through expansion to new areas and use cases for the transit agencies.
- Prospect and qualify: Research and contact high-quality prospects through various channels including email, phone, LinkedIn, and industry tradeshows. Review and qualify RFPs. Act on inbound leads. Develop and execute upon a territory strategic plan.
- Educate: Understand potential clients’ pain points and articulate our value proposition by providing presentations, product demonstrations, case studies, and relevant content. Help potential public transit clients in shaping RFP requirements before publication.
- Build Partnerships: Develop relations with channel partners and local fleet partners that can be leveraged to deliver new business and participate with RideCo on bids for turnkey solution RFPs with municipalities.
- Collaborate: Engage with co-workers in the product and operations teams to address clients’ questions and build bespoke proposals. Collect insights or concerns from the market and feedback to marketing and product teams, to help continuously improve the product, content, and sales playbook. Document your activities in Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate on Proposals: Work with the proposals team to build solid proposals tailored to client or RFP requirements, adapting our existing proposal templates and leveraging help from team members to build customer-specific financial and operating models.
- Win Business: Coordinate all aspects of closing including contract review, negotiating terms, and securing signatures.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Proven track record of Account Management and Business Development in the public transit space with a SaaS platform or consulting engagements
- Transit industry or public sector experience is preferred
- Willing and able to travel at least 40% as needed. Travel to client sites for in-person meetings (at clients’ or management’s discretion) is an essential function of this role.
- RFP response experience preferably for large enterprise contracts or public-sector RFPs or management consulting.
- Education: Degree in business/marketing/economics or related discipline
- Proficiency with technology and Salesforce
- Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
- Base Salary: $100K - $135K + stock options + performance based bonus
Who we are:
RideCo powers on-demand transit. Public transit agencies use RideCo's cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses and vans. Our clients include some of the world’s largest transportation operators such as San Antonio Metro, Los Angeles Metro, Calgary Transit, and Grab.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with transfers and waiting while taking a public bus? Have you seen buses drive around in low-density areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You're likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This 'dynamic shuttle' (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep, and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo's 'dynamic shuttle' platform enables this new mode of transit. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases, including residential/ suburban travel; first-mile-last-mile connections for transit hubs; and corporate employee transportation. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
RideCo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. Building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills benefits our employees, our customers, our products, and our community.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.