SmartAsset is an online destination for consumer-focused financial information and advice that powers SmartAdvisor, a national marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors. Reaching approximately 75 million people each month (as of Sept. 2021) through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset's mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ lists of fastest growing companies in 2021, SmartAsset closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator's list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes' list of America's Best Startup Employers in 2020.About the Team:
The Account Executive sales team at SmartAsset is a group of 40+ inside sales professionals and sales managers located across the country. The team has seen significant hiring over the past year and much of the team is located in and around New York City. We anticipate continued Account Executive hiring as the company works to add new business to our fast growing client base. Our team of Account Executives and managers are hard working and passionate about sales, our product, and our company, and are eager to learn and see growth both personally and professionally.About the Job:
We are seeking a Director of Inside Sales to create and execute acquisition strategies that drive growth for our rapidly expanding sales organization. The ideal candidate is passionate about development, coaching, engagement and scaling a national team of remote Account Executives. The right candidate has domain expertise in inside sales as well as transactional sales.
We are looking for a leader of leaders that can effectively manage a team of Sales Managers. The ideal candidate must be data driven, analytical, and have strong leadership skills.. The Director of Inside Sales will be reporting to and working closely with our VP of Sales. As a key leader on the Sales leadership team, you will have the opportunity to shape and scale a growing sales organization, as well as its processes and strategies.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Execute SmartAsset's go-to-market strategy for the flagship Smartadvisor product while also building the mid to longer term blueprint
- Recruit top sales talent across the individual contributor and leadership levels
- Coach, motivate, and develop a management team to develop a high performing sales teams
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of market trends and prospect opportunities
- Work closely with senior leadership across Sales, Product, Marketing, and Operations to execute SmartAdvisor's strategy
- Partner with HRBP on best practices for employee engagement, workforce planning, and performance management.
Skills / Experience Preferred:
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing, training, and scaling a high-performance sales team in a high-growth environment
- 3+ years experience leading a team of inside sales managers
- Demonstrated success forecasting, setting objectives & goals and analyzing sales performance data to improve sales effectiveness
- Expert communicator with the ability to motivate and develop both leaders and individual contributors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment where you love being in a hands-on role
- Ability to manage and drive KPIs to maximize performance
- Experience partnering with sales training on the creation and execution of new hire on-boarding, as well as continuing education
- Effective at delegation and process management
- Proven track record in a short sales cycle and largely cold call sales environment
Available Benefits and Perks:
- Financial technology or technology expertise
- Experience selling into the wealth management space
- Ability to present, demo, and jump in on client meetings with high potential prospects
- Track record of leadership success in a work from home environment
- Experience working closely with Account Management leadership to help facilitate seamless handoffs and synergies between the two sides of the business
- Bachelor's degree
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote - flexibility to work from anywhere in the contiguous US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance - basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- 401K - 3% match with immediate vesting
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Monthly Food Delivery Stipend
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $94,500k - 150k + equity + benefits + commission Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States.