Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2022. We expect 2023 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support, Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun — one of the many reasons we were named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive years.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential.
As a Hotel Engine National Account Manager, you will take ownership of our highest value customers. You will be responsible for building relationships at multiple levels within the customer’s organization including but not limited to C-Suite and Executive level roles, driving revenue for a specific territory, industry vertical or list of named accounts. In this role you will become a trusted advisor, applying a consultative sales approach focusing on understanding, analyzing, and solving their organization’s travel needs by leveraging the full scope of company products and services delivering maximum value.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Drive retention and growth by upselling Hotel Engine across a dedicated book of our highest value customers
- Facilitate hand-off of key accounts from sales to account management, partnering closely with Account Executives to onboard & ramp new customers
- Be a consultant to your clients; match their needs with the Hotel Engine product to deliver and reinforce value
- Design and evolve a comprehensive business plan for your book of accounts, including cross-selling, strategies to drive adoption and sell to executive level decision makers
- Facilitate quarterly business reviews to deepen client relationships; retain, grow and keep clients up to date on our evolving product
- Generate new business opportunities within account base to meet and exceed target quota
- Be an expert in presenting Hotel Engine’s value position in the unmanaged travel market
- Partner with marketing on campaigns to enrich and accelerate platform adoption
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as business operations, member support, marketing, sales enablement, product development and production support to drive customer outcomes
- Target account selling, solution selling and using consultative sales techniques
- Act as an advocate for your clients
- Become a subject matter expert in the Hotel Engine platform & industry with extensive, accurate product knowledge
- Consistently meet or exceed KPI requirements
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as an Account Manager or Customer Success Manager (onboarding, retaining and growing a book of business)
- Executive acumen and presence
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, takes initiative and adapts to changing demands
- Brings a positive attitude and energy to work every day
- Experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management tools
- Ability to use consultative sales approach to identify additional opportunities within current customer base
- Extremely organized with keen insight and track record of retaining and expanding existing customer base
- Ability to flawlessly navigate between empathy and strategy
- Utilize tech stack to identify trends in customer account usage
- OTE potential of $110,000-$140,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work and you can work from anywhere in the U.S.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.