Who are we:
Gloat helps organizations harness the hidden potential of their employees. And by matching people to internal projects, learning, and career opportunities, we enable employees to take charge of their careers. By reinventing how work gets done, Gloat is putting people and organizations in motion by building the most important software company in the history of human capital and enabling the most innovative enterprises to build future-ready workforces.
Don’t just take our word for it, listen to Tanuj Kapilshrami, CHRO of Standard Chartered Bank’s perspective on the future of work, and Gloat’s role in it!
What our life looks like:
We are a fast-growing, dynamic startup with offices in Tel Aviv, New York, London, Singapore, and Melbourne, as well as a fleet of remote workers all around the globe. We value collaboration and innovative thinking, and we're always looking for bright, driven, and all-around awesome people to join the fun and grow with us (since we use our own product, every Gloater is highly incentivized to learn and evolve)
Gloat is looking to hire a Sales Development Representative with a winning mentality to join our team. You will work in a fast-paced environment while playing a key role in developing new customer relationships. You will create a sales pipeline through targeted outreach to senior HR and business executives while collaborating with your Account Executive and marketing colleagues. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, with high integrity and have a history of achievement.
- After a two-week onboarding, you’ll jump right into speaking with prospective clients
- You’ll quickly learn the industries and personas in our ideal customer profile, their ‘jobs to be done, and how Gloat can make a business impact on executing those jobs to be done
- You’ll be able to reference external factors and public initiatives to develop a point of view on how Gloat can help customers in our ideal customer profile (hint: be prepared to do this in your interview, highlighting a large enterprise you’re passionate about)
- You’ll take a strategic approach to planning and executing outbound prospecting as the CEO of your sales territory
- You’ll leverage your point of view to ask thoughtful questions of CHROs, VPs of Talent and Talent Transformation leads on how they’re creating internal talent mobility across skills, markets, business units, and teams
- You’ll leverage customer stories — rather than product features — to convey the benefits Gloat has brought our customers through the ‘Challenge Solution Result’ or CSR
- You’re comfortable with (or ready to get comfortable with) sales tools like Salesforce CRM, Outreach.io, ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator to maintain consistent outbound outreach to 50 large enterprise accounts
- You’ll leverage social selling to follow, engage, and connect with executives from target accounts
- You will diligently follow up with potential clients who express interest in Gloat through online assets, white papers, webinars, and demos
- You’ll collaborate with field marketing to proactively target and connect with potential customers at industry conferences and trade shows
- You’re accountable and hold yourself, your peers and your leadership accountable to our core values
- Spotless Integrity
- Tremendous Work Ethic
- Coachable & Hungry to Learn
- Intellectually Curious
What Gives You an Edge?
- Proven history of achievement — in sales, recruiting, academically, entrepreneurially, athletically, the arts, tech, or anything else you’re passionate about
- Sales/SDR experience is ideal, but not a requirement.
- Metrics-oriented — in the interview, you’ll be asked to tie every accomplishment back to how you performed relative to targets, expectations, and your stack rank on a team
- Compelling storyteller — Gloat’s customers and their stories are amazing; a premier SDR candidate seamlessly weaves these stories into the interview
- Creative — While cold calls/emails are compulsory, we challenge our team to take the system we’ve built and make it better
- Ambitious — You see the SDR role as a 12-18 month stop on the way to your next career progression at Gloat. The SDR org is the bench of talent that feeds the rest of the organization. Hit your quota and master the role, while acquiring the skills that will allow you to excel in the next role
- Based in New York City, USA — in addition to pipeline and talent pipeline, our energy feeds the rest of the organization, so we’re in the office two to three days a week
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Those with Military experience are also encouraged to apply
How We’ve Invested in Your Success:
- Tech stack — Salesforce, Gong, Outreach, and Sales Navigator
- Training — In addition to onboarding and SKO, you’ll have outside sales training from top trainers- most recently a week with Chris Orlob
- 10+ field marketing events creating opportunities for target account pipeline
- Significant marketing investments in driving leads from target accounts
Gloat provides a reasonable range of compensation. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. The starting range for total pay for this role is $85,000 - $100,000 (Base + Commission). Benefits include discretionary (unlimited) PTO; health care, dental, vision, and life insurance + voluntary coverage options, 401k + matching; remote, hybrid, flexible work environments; employee assistance program; learning & development opportunities; laptop & tech setups; and, among other things, WeGloat (Gloat for Gloat!)
At Gloat, we believe that realizing the Anything Workforce begins with having a diverse and inclusive workforce ourselves. This means that we look for individuals who can bring unique strengths, perspectives, skills, and backgrounds to our existing teams. Gloat is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does/will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Our core values
G - get it done
L - look beyond the status quo
O - own it
A - adapt and evolve
T - tear down silos
E - empower our customers
R - rely on each other