Who We Are
(NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth's APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For
This Solutions Engineer (SE)
role is a mid-level position within the Solutions Engineering department, focused on opportunities in the Emergency Services segment. The SE will be involved in deep, technical discussions with prospects, customers and internal teams, with goals to help create and deliver world-class solutions. The SE will serve as a subject matter expert for our sales teams, our prospects, and our customers.
What You'll Do
- Support the Bandwidth sales team in understanding customer requirements and how to achieve customer goals using Bandwidth technologies
- Create sales presentations and technical content to assist sales and customers
- Quota responsibility for Emergency Services product line growth
- Drive the Emergency Services sales plan, strategy, and positioning for Emergency portfolio with sales reps, prospects and customers
- Conduct regular training sessions and rep evaluation, to assure the sales organization has proficient understanding of the value proposition, how to position and sell the product, and how to leverage Bandwidth’s edge in this space
- Represent Bandwidth’s Emergency Services expertise to prospects, customers and analysts, at conferences and other venues
- Consolidate and provide product feedback and customer needs to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Operations based on insights gained from working with customers
- Support Bandwidth positioning in policy matters and rule makings relative to 911 regulatory policy
- Work cross-departmentally to improve Bandwidth’s go to market plan and support our 1, 2, and 3 year plan around this product
- Analyze competitive marketplace, study available research/analyst commentary, and benchmark company products to competitor products
What You Need
- Expert depth of knowledge on public 911 infrastructure and technologies
- Strong background in 911 specifications including legacy, i2, i3 and forward-facing 9-1-1 and telecommunication technologies.
- Basic understanding of current regulatory policy (voice and text) affecting emergency service obligations of OTT application development community
- Understanding of NG911 standards and the industry's current successes and challenges implementing NG solutions
- Understanding of OTT Application segment and intuition on how to enable application developers to revolutionize Emergency services for consumers
- Thorough understanding of 9-1-1 call flows and components including Selective Routers, ALI and MSAG databases, wireline, wireless and VoIP i2 signaling, Emergency Service GateWays (ESGWs), and NG9-1-1 network integrations.
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Previous experience in a technical software pre-sales role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, confident presentation skills a key requirement
- Ability to absorb key technical company differentiators and present back to prospective customers as well as sales employees
- 25-50% travel expected
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or technical field/related experience
- 5+ years experience in telecom engineering and/or pre-sales engineering with direct customer-facing responsibility.
- Experience working with Multi-Line Telephone System (MLTS) providers and E911 System Service Providers.
- Experience with Bandwidth APIs/SDKs.
- VoIP/telecom experience required
- Understand Bandwidth products and applications
- Strong understanding of telecom software architecture and API design
- Ability to apply IT Systems knowledge to customer solution design
- Ability to convey information clearly to help account representatives position our products and solutions, and help customers make buying decisions.
- Aptitude to determine the most important benefits and articulate the value of our solutions.
The Whole Person Promise
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO - not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Applicant Privacy Notice