Pointr is a global leader in indoor location technology. Our mission is to deliver reliable, scalable, and intuitive location experiences to connect people with and within buildings across omnichannel Web, Mobile, and Kiosk platforms. Our Deep Location platform has revolutionized the indoor positioning, smart building, and IoT markets. With several Fortune 100 clients across 27 countries and more than 1,000+ buildings already, we have promising plans for the years to come.
We have distinguished ourselves in the marketplace by growing around three core values: Ownership, Harmony, and Scale. These values are at the heart of every role, as we collectively create the future of indoor location technology.
Overview of the Role
We are seeking a Sales Engineer to join our sales team to aid in selling the features, capabilities and value proposition of Pointr. In this role you will work directly with the sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support Proof of Concepts, and ultimately close business.
As a Sales Engineer, you must share our passion for Smart Buildings, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. Additionally, you will help to close the feedback loop by feeding information you hear from customers and partners directly to our Product Managers. You will be a crucial part of both our customers’ journey and our company’s growth.
The role includes the following:
- Partner with Pointr Sales Executives to identify and match customer requirements to Pointr solutions
- Create and deliver compelling technical presentations, demos, and in-person pilots to best positioning Pointr solutions for customer use cases
- Lead technical evaluations and proof of concepts including technical scoping, Q&A, and expectation setting
- Lead technical discussions and solution design activities with prospects and existing customers
- Support continuous improvement to our technical documentation portal
- Ability to effectively engage with customer business and technical executives
- Develop a solid understanding of Pointr’s products, teams, and how we work as a global, cross-functional team
- Respond to clients’ requests timely, with a hands-on approach, genuine care, and attention to detail
The ideal candidate should have:
- 5+ years of SaaS sales/solution engineering experience with a minimum of 3 years of customer-facing experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Mobile SDKs, REST APIs, and SaaS software integrations and/or proficiency with explaining SDKs / APIs and integrations
- A natural technical problem-solver and solution builder
- Proven ability to actively listen to customers to understand their strategic goals, then provide technical guidance for potential solutions
- A high level of emotional intelligence and full confidence in your ability to ‘read the room’ and adapt your approaches to ensure the best possible outcomes
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
- Great organization skills and ownership by following through on commitments to build trust with customers and internal teams
- Excitement to work in a fast-paced, fun, and rapidly changing startup environment
- Ability to commute to our office in Boston twice a week
What do we offer?
- Supportive, kind (no-ego), and smart team
- Cool and comfortable office in Boston (Back Bay)
- Hybrid work (2 days in the office)
- International environment and inclusive culture
- Competitive base salary and attractive stock options
- Private health care (75%) and Dental
Compensation: base $140K + $60K in stock options + bonus based on company and individual contribution