Director of Sales
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for building a team to win new business, drive revenue, and work within our rapidly growing go-to-market team to drive Posh’s overall growth strategy of the company. By partnering with credit unions and banks - and ultimately showing them the value in our products, you will continue to cement Posh’s position as the leading AI provider to financial institutions. While demand for AI-powered digital customer service has boomed over the past few years, 95% of banks and credit unions don’t yet deploy an AI solution.
Posh is on a mission to create more helpful banking moments. This is an incredibly exciting and rare opportunity to join a high-growth SaaS company in scaling our go-to-market function and deliver on highly impactful work. We’ve proven Posh is an up and coming industry leader with a newly ramping sales and marketing. With many happy credit union clients up and running, it’s time to add fuel to the fire and scale up sales and marketing.
You will be a thought leader for sales and you’re not afraid to work hands-on to evolve a sales system based around product and demos into something rock solid that scales.You aren’t afraid of jumping in sales reps’ demos and asserting yourself. We’re looking for a player-coach who remembers the hustle. As Head of Sales, you will make sales hires, set commission goals, and motivate and develop sales reps. Additionally, you will work closely with senior leaders across Marketing, Business Development, Client Solutions, Product, Revenue Operations, Finance, and People.
As we continue moving upmarket, we’ll need to shift away from the majority of pipeline being from inbound / referrals as we build outbound, indirect / channel, and additional sources of pipeline. You’ll be a contributor to help us with this evolution.
Posh recently raised $27.5m Series A from top investment firms including Canapi, Underscore, Curql, as well as $7.5M in additional funds from individual credit unions. We’re proud to share that 80+ credit unions are part owners in our CUSO.
- Build and lead a team of high-performing account executives - we are 2 today and planning to grow towards 7-8 by the end of 2023. You’ll provide ongoing mentorship & guidance. Develop plans for continued learning and future career growth.
- Consistently and predictably achieve performance targets for the midmarket and enterprise account executive team. Actively manage pipelines and forecast future performance.
- Actively coach your team members. Participate in sales meetings to coach, improve win rates, support closing new business
- Develop and implement a repeatable process and playbook for the mid-market and enterprise team, including strategies to move the company upmarket. Implement best-in-class sales practices.
- Develop expertise in fintech, AI, SaaS, and Posh best practices. Coach your team to win with prospects and customers based on a nuanced approach within this context.
- Build excellent sales infrastructure, including sales process, CRM design and analytics. Partner with Revenue Operations to build excellent sales infrastructure, sales process, CRM design, comp plans and set quotas for your team. Build a foundation that can support >$10M in direct sales revenue.
- Develop KPIs and metrics for your team. Provide consistent, actionable reporting. Implementing data-driven sales management techniques to maintain a consistent and accurate sales forecast
- Serve as a key leader in the Sales organization and collaborate with other sales, marketing, and customer success leaders to continuously improve our GTM motion
- Working with Posh senior management to develop the relevant account strategies and engagements to drive pipeline growth and close deals within agreed timelines
- Guide prospects from the first conversation through contract negotiations.
- Create new opportunities through direct networking and attending events.
- 7+ years B2B sales experience.
- Experience managing and leading teams to drive results.
- Experience managing enterprise relationships with deep technical / product needs. You have managed $10M+ dollar book of business with your company’s largest strategic clients
- Proven track record building and hiring high performing / quota-exceeding sales team and managing complex sales cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to simplify complex topics in a friendly and approachable manner
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on multi-variate testing and/or qualitative feedback.
- Strong organizational sense and process-driven mentality.
- You are flexible and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- You learn quickly and are excited to take on challenging new projects
- General knowledge of software applications i.e. Salesforce, Google Apps, etc.
- You enjoy planning, adjusting, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team.
We’re on a mission to power a billion helpful banking moments, and we’re using cutting-edge conversational AI to do it. Our platform powers digital assistants like Citadel’s Adel, TruWest’s Trudy, Salem Five’s Sally, and dozens more. We arm any financial institution with the capability to provide an exceptional, conversational customer experience regardless of their assets under management or the communities they serve.
This is an incredibly exciting time to consider joining Posh. In November 2021, we closed a $27.5mm Series A venture round that will allow us to continue investing in our product and people. In 2021, we doubled our team size from 20 to 40, and we increased our customer base by four times. We have big goals, and we’re looking for people to help us achieve them.
Why we're a great place to join
- We value growth. We want you to be smarter and more capable than the day you joined. To that end, we celebrate regular “growth days” for you to learn what you want.
- We’re building this together. We’ve designed our teams to be cross-functional, and we know a diversity of perspectives is required for success.
- We value you. We offer competitive compensation (cash and equity), benefits, and employee perks.
- Our technology is cutting-edge. We ship fast and always look for opportunities to improve our product.
- Our customers love our products. It’s the reason we’re growing, and the inspiration for new product ideas.
- We make mistakes. Building a company is hard, and we don’t get everything right every time.