Technical Account Manager
Remote – USThe Opportunity
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
The Technical Account Manager is the trusted technical business advisor to clients, providing guidance around operations and optimizations of their IT infrastructure regarding Anthology’s products. Technical Account Managers are assigned specific customer account(s) to build the technical support relationship between the client and Anthology; provide consulting and guidance; provide emergency solutions while escalating priority one issues; and serve as a primary technical liaison across internal departments. More than a technical point of contact, the Technical Account Manager is a personal advocate working on a client’s behalf to help proactively prevent issues before they arise, as well as escalating and driving the resolution of incidents that do occur.
This role requires a focus on partnering with customers by maintaining long-term relationships and clearly understanding technical challenges, corporate infrastructure, and key business drivers. This includes leading customer meetings and quarterly reviews, reviewing customer business practices and existing data, preparing weekly status reports, managing daily calls and meetings, and disseminating information internally to management and stakeholders. Technical Account Managers can also provide a development component in writing ad-hoc scripts, building automations with workflows, or custom reporting and more. The ideal candidate must demonstrate leadership skills and be proactive, self-starting, professional, quality-focused, and committed to being highly engaged with clients.Primary Responsibilities Will Include
Account Management Roles & Responsibilities
- Serving as primary customer technical contact
- Developing and fostering strong customer relationships
- Identifying and evaluating business processes and assisting in defining accurate and efficient best practices
- Meeting specific customer satisfaction goals
Development Roles & Responsibilities
Additional Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing T-SQL customizations
- Developing custom automations using Workflow technology
- Developing to create Forms Builder websites
- Developing custom reports using SSRS or PowerBI
- Troubleshooting technical problems and answering general support questions for our various Anthology products
- Maintaining documentations of customizations, integrations, and environment details
- Consulting with customers on technical issues and recommending sound solutions
- Solving unexpected complex issues to maintain operational efficiency
- Providing feedback to the development team on issues pertaining to each product
- Performing on-call duties during holidays, nights, and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience coding, debugging with Microsoft T-SQL programming
- Ability to establish relationships and network within an organization to achieve results
- Ability to develop in C# or VB .NET
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a deadline driven high pressure environment
- Experience with Windows Server, including Active Directory, and IIS
- Ability to build knowledge and skill in Anthology products
- Experienced writing reports in SSRS or PowerBI
- Experienced with working with OData and REST APIs
- Experienced working with Azure
- Azure Developer Associate certification
- Experience managing, coaching, and mentoring customer’s development teams to achieve high performance results
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA