Who we are:
M-Files is a developer of state-of-the-art software whose flagship product, M-Files, is making waves in the large and growing market for document management solutions. M-Files is ideally positioned to disrupt this multi-billion-dollar market that has been dominated by traditional complex and expensive enterprise content management solutions. M-Files is a global company with over 200 employees as well as offices and representation worldwide.
To learn more about us we encourage you to visit, www.m-files.com. To learn more about how we became a Certified Great Place To Work visit, Working at M-Files | Great Place To Work.
Summary of the role:
Part of the Growth Marketing organization, the Business Development Team plays a critical role in driving new customer pipeline and acquisition through identifying and qualifying high-quality sales ready leads on behalf of the direct sales team.
The Business Development Representative will communicate the M-Files value proposition by actively prospecting, responding to and carefully managing responses to inbound and outbound leads, overcoming client objections, and creating early-stage opportunities. This role will have an emphasis on targeted and informed outbound prospecting but will also involve some inbound lead qualification.
You will leverage data insights, best-in-class technology, and a range of tactics to identify and prospect to key accounts that align with the goals of the sales team. You'll possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively articulate the M-Files value proposition to a broad and varied audience.
You will collaborate closely with colleagues in the Growth Marketing Team to understand the regional marketing strategy and optimize event and campaign follow up.
This is a fully remote role with the ability to work anywhere in the US, Eastern or Central time zones are preferred to allow for ideal collaboration times with extended global team members. Some occasional travel for events and internal meetings will be required. The role reports to the Director, Growth Marketing, North America, while working closely with the North American Sales and Growth Marketing teams.
What you will be doing/Responsibilities and Duties:
- Actively researching and outbound prospecting to identify new leads and opportunities for the direct sales team using a mixture of tactics and approaches.
- Following up inbound MQLs, scheduling highly qualified meetings for the sales team
- Working closely with the Growth Manager for North America (NORAM) to establish a clear plan for event and campaign lead follow up and nurture.
- Achieving or exceeding monthly individual KPIs and metrics.
- Collaborating closely with colleagues in sales and marketing to share and obtain feedback, lessons learned and best practices.
- Ability to travel for internal conference (Sales Kickoff) in January
- Potential travel to relevant team events and conferences semi-yearly/yearly
Who you are/Qualifications and Skills:
- 1+ year of experience in a business development or sales role, preferably for a technology vendor
- Strong prospecting skills and the confidence to make cold calls, ask for referrals & seek new leads.
- Highly self-motivated, disciplined and driven.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand technology solutions and communicate the benefits to prospects.
- Technology savvy, with a working knowledge of CRM systems and tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn etc. are preferred.
Participation in recruitment process, if selected:
Initial Phone Screening w/Talent Acquisition Team member Video Interview w/Hiring Manager Department Alignment Video Interview - Additonal Marketing Leadership team members Assessment: Cold-Calling Final Interview w/Chief Marketing Officer Benefits
We are a global company with Finnish roots and with our own product that we are greatly proud of!
By joining M-Files, you will get the opportunity to contribute to our success and growth, while developing your own expertise. Our team is fun, and our solutions are changing the market!
Our guiding principles of "Make It Happen", "Help Others", and "Love Customers" are highlighted through our daily actions as a team. Transparent communication and outstanding team spirit were listed as our strengths in our M-Filer Experience survey.
What We Offer:
- As a remote enabled company our employees enjoy the flexibility to establish their own life/work balance
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 15 days' vacation annually
- 4 floating holidays (employee's discretion)
- 6 days of paid sick leave
- Matching 401K Plan (25% of employees' contribution up to the IRS max)
- Health insurance (PPO and HDHP/HSA plans offered)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance (1x employee salary)
- Short-term disability (employer paid)
- Long-term disability (employer paid)
- Flexible Spending Plan (medical and dependent)