Operative is the leading provider of broadcast, digital ad and content management systems in the world. We accelerate revenue growth for the biggest and most successful media companies through our suite of software solutions, making it easier for them to deliver any audience and any outcome to their buyers. Operative has 1,000 employees in 10 offices around the world with 300+ media companies as clients including NBC, HBO, CBS, FOX, Discover, Hulu and Disney, 25,000+ worldwide users, $50+ billion in revenue processed.
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE POSITION OVERVIEW (flex in NY Metro or remote outside of NY Metro*):
At Operative, we understand that new client activation is an essential element of a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified sales development representative (SDR) to identify and qualify potential customers who could benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with a prospect, the ideal SDR has a strong understanding of the sales process and qualifying strategies, establishing inroads, and setting up the sales executive for success. The SDR should possess a high aptitude and good attitude with strong communication skills. The ability to leverage insights and data to uncover new revenue opportunities will be vital job function.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
- Represent the Operative’s products and services, using industry knowledge as well as consumer research to explain how our solutions solve customer challenges.
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding potential new sales opportunities.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives in the sales cycle.
- Assist in the development of best practices for refining the Operative’s lead-generation playbook.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize Salesforce, cold calls, and email to generate new sales opportunities.
- Identify the needs of prospects and suggest appropriate products or services.
- Establish trust with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities.
- Proactively uncover new business opportunities in the market.
- Facilitate the hand off (prospective) customers and sales executives.
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results.
IDEAL CANDIDATE & CORE COMPETENCIES:
- +6 months of experience in sales development role (SDR), with a track record of exceeding lead targets.
- Experience with account bases marketing (ABM)
- Strong communication skills via phone, chat and email.
- Proven, creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills.
- Strong desire and ability to move up within the sales organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience as a sales development representative, with a track record of achieving sales quotas.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM software
*Our current flex/remote policy: If you live w/in the metro NY/NJ/CT Metro area, there will be a flex policy of 2 days per week (Tues/Thurs) in our Manhattan office. If you live outside of the NYC metro area, the role will remain remote.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the US, and successful background screening checks. If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing, innovative company and you meet the above requirements, don’t hesitate to apply today! Operative is a merit-first, equal opportunity employer; diverse applications are encouraged.