Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission-critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.Overview
At Verkada, our business development is different. We lean heavily on data- and analytics-driven metrics to develop and implement consistent, effective lead generation through automated programs— including much of cold outbounding that you, as a Verkada, MDR will execute. This allows our sales reps to focus on real conversations with high-level prospects rather than spend hours trying to get a hold of them. Each rep is able to set more than 80-100 demos/month (@ ~40% conversion to opportunities). As an MDR, you will have the opportunity to transition to an Account Executive (AE) role at Verkada at the end of ~ one year in the MDR program (where you will receive training and an appreciation for how Verkada generates business).Responsibilities
- Follow automated and standardized processes in order to: qualify and convert a high volume of marketing leads into prospective customers and generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Account Executives
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to your assigned Account Executives
- Utilize Verkada systems such as SalesForce and sales enablement tools according to Verkada standards
- Identify pre-selected insights and metrics applicable to the leads you generate
- Follow scripted materials to seamlessly demonstrate product expertise when connecting with clientele
- Achieve and push the limits of your quota, territory revenue, and growth objectives
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Passionate, high energy, and you enjoy being challenged
- You are a self-starter with the ability to learn and follow standardized processes in a fast-paced sales organization
- No prior sales experience is required, but you must have the ambition and desire to grow and advance in a sales career
Our Investment in You
- 1+ year of experience in Sales or Business Development
- Customer-facing experience and strong problem-solving skills
US Employee Benefits
- Extensive onboarding process (two weeks in a classroom setting).
- Thorough education on “sales” best practices.
- Live coaching daily.
- Weekly continued education.
- Weekly 1:1’s with management.
- A collaborative team environment and leadership that wants you to succeed.
- Preparation for your AAE interview.
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.