Sterling Technology, a subsidiary of TransPerfect, is the leading provider of premium virtual data room (VDR) solutions for the secure sharing of content, business process automation, and collaboration for the M&A, corporate development, real estate, capital markets, private capital, banking, and legal communities. Sterling has been supporting the M&A and capital markets for over 30 years, initially with financial printing services. Since opening our first VDR in 2010 we have helped customers from over 187 countries and 90 industries successfully complete thousands of deals. With offices in seven major financial centres, Sterling is trusted by its users to deliver exceptional levels of service on their most critical transactions.
Sterling is a fast-growing B2B SaaS technology business. We have recently been acquired by TransPerfect, the world’s largest provider of language and technology solutions for global business with offices in over 100 cities on six continents.
The Strategic Account Manager has a dual responsibility, focused around developing business relationships and serving as the first level of support to existing clients.
Key position responsibilities:
- Develop a full understanding of the capabilities, benefits and competitive advantages of Sterling Technology services and technology offering
- Educate and drive understanding with your clients with regards to TransPerfect’s value add processes and services
- Build client relationships across existing and new companies
- Engage in understanding clients’ industries, business needs and company culture to work strategically with your client and support their growth
- In coordination with your manager, identify opportunities and contacts that will lead to growing your book of business and expanding our partnership with clients in a strategic way
- Provide customer support and manage client expectations
- Quote, manage and bill projects on a daily basis, co-ordinating with clients and production teams to ensure these run smoothly and profitably
Essential skills and experience required:
- Previous Account Management and Strategic Business Development experience in the VDR industry
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Superior written and spoken communication skills
- Good analytical skills needed to project revenues, monitor budgets and other necessary calculations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- Management and experience in building sales teams a plus
- Most importantly, the ideal candidate must demonstrate ability to: multitask in a fast-paced environment, work well with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures, build strategic relationships with clients and co-workers, work as part of a team, take active measures to solve problems and commit to a high level of service
Sterling provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law