Laylo is on a mission to empower millions of creators and brands with the marketing tools to manage and grow their businesses. Today, creators and brands have to focus on everything from content creation to fan engagement to scaling their business lines. Laylo's products and tools allow them to focus on the content creation while we handle the rest.
We’re building a next-generation marketing platform complete with drop campaigns, cross-platform messaging, landing pages, and link tracking –giving creators the power to own and activate their fanbase.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing and closing various partnership opportunities at Laylo. In addition, you will also manage an ongoing sales pipeline to ensure we’re generating targeted leads and closing meaningful opportunities. Beyond pipeline management you will be responsible for developing collateral around key opportunities and be the first point of contact in managing client relationships.
What will you do?
- Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Develop different offerings and pricing models with support of the Laylo leadership team
- Develop sales collateral around different offerings
- Review incoming leads generated from website and network
- Develop and upkeep a sales pipeline within the company CRM to keep an active read on deal flow and progress targeted leads through closed opportunities
- Develop custom proposals around bespoke campaigns and opportunities
- Manage client relationships to ensure the value being provided is maximized and creating a white glove customer experience
- Actively participate in industry events and invite VIP guests to relevant Laylo IRL event programming
- As the sales arm within Laylo grows, over time this will transition into a managerial role where focus will be on system implementation/optimization and working to support on VIP opportunities
We're looking for someone who:
- Cares about creators and wants to build something meaningful. The tools we create will empower the next generation of entrepreneurs, and we take that responsibility seriously.
- Can build out lead lists, projections and pipelines
- Has experience and relationships in the creator and media ecosystem
- Is extremely detail oriented. Understands the importance of both speed and quality, and the trade-offs of choosing one over the other.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, including specific experience building and growing a strong sales pipleline
Our founders met while building competing consumer startups. We’ve launched multiple products across consumer and SaaS and talked to thousands of fans and creators in the process. In 2020, we realized one of the biggest pain points creators have is reaching and managing their fanbase directly.
We went through Y Combinator in summer 2020 while building that new product and after seeing really strong early traction, raised our seed round in mid 2021.
Right now we're a small team that's based in Los Angeles but working from home like everyone else. We're open to hiring remotely (in North America), but expect to find an office in Los Angeles at some point TBD.
We have a strong written documentation culture, leveraging Notion to share ideas and record processes and learnings. We try to do as much as possible asynchronously to move quickly and efficiently. We have a daily 30 minute standup and weekly hour long all hands. Outside of that, everything is quite flexible - team members are empowered to work on the schedule that works for them.